UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Zaino

Old 08-12-2005, 01:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino

Hi guys where can I get some Zaino? Ive just seen a Zaino polishing system on ebay for about
Old 08-12-2005, 01:03 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You need some of this:

Very quick and easy to apply
Old 08-12-2005, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by hornyhonda,Aug 12 2005, 09:00 AM
I only want a bottle of polish
Not really worth getting just a bottle of Zaino polish, you wont get the full effect!

If thats all your interested in, buy what SteveM just posted or the Auto Glym ultra deep shine Polish.

If you are going to buy Zaino, at the VERY least you'll need:

Polish
Gloss enhancer
Clay bar (or a tar remover, try Auto Glyms, its VERY good))
Swirl remover

Yes it get pricey and takes allot of time, but its worth it.

Old 08-12-2005, 03:31 AM

Dependant upon your available funds, if you can't go down the whole Zaino route I would suggest:

Auto Glym car shampoo
Old 08-12-2005, 03:43 AM

kelk how often do polish your car?

im getting the autoglym life polish done on mine on monday. they are giving me a complete set of autoglym stuff with it.

ur saying that u use the red square one once a year. how often do u use teh gold un then? i thought u did the red one and then used the gold one to give it a real good shine. i`m not the sorta person to be out polishing it every weekend. ive got better things to do!
Old 08-12-2005, 03:53 AM

When I used to use AG I would polish it (red) once or twice a year as this removes a lot of the ingrained dirt, but not to the level that a clay bar or AG's tar remover does. However it does state on the red bottle that it should be used sparingly as it can eat into the clear coat on the car.

As for using the gold, I would use this every time I washed the car using an orbital polisher to apply evenly and sparingly. A lot of thin coats is far better than a couple of thick ones.

I would was my car either once a week or once a fortnight before going out for a nice long drive.

Each time I would seal everything in with a coat of P21S to get that long lasting water run off and deep down wet look.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:02 AM

so where`s the best place to get this P21S stuff? so how long does it take u washing, drying gold autoglyming it and applying the P21S??

thought about getting myslef one of those polishers but was unsure of them being to aggresive for the paintwork. do u know any decent ones that arent to expensive?

i was just gonna do it the lazy way and use that turtle wax, dry and wax stuff. used it on my focus and it took no longer that just drying the car
Old 08-12-2005, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by tebs,Aug 12 2005, 01:02 PM
so where`s the best place to get this P21S stuff? so how long does it take u washing, drying gold autoglyming it and applying the P21S??
I know it is out there for a few quid less but
clean and shiny sell it for
Old 08-12-2005, 04:16 AM

do most of the guys on here use these polishers?

would using these ploishes damage the autoglym life poilsh im getting applied. its essentially the same as supaguard.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:19 AM

A few do use them, then the "nutters" use porter cables (bigger, more expensive and shipped in from the US).

As for Life polish, no, if it can take stone chips etc then a polisher will do not damage. Issue you often find with Supaguard et al is that to work the upper surface is never that smooth.

Quick Reply: Zaino