UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The worst rattle ever

Old 12-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Man you have to come and hear my car - rattling like hell these days. I just live with them!! Wanna come fix them?
Old 12-15-2005, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hell i got this rattle aswell only occured a few weeks ago but i thought i would put it down too my s now having done 110 k

will have a search, hopefully might find it if not might find a spanner lol
Old 12-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Administrator

You shouls have an 100k+ club badge phil!!

put this in your signature:

Code:

Old 12-15-2005, 04:38 PM

Beardie, I need someone else to drive my car really... as Iv passengered my best mate and my gf and they both seem to think its coming from behind the dash, I think they are right as when I apply pressure with my fingers on that point it seems to decrease... but not completely

Adrianeagle, I dont think so... sounds far too local for that dude

Nick, poissible but unlikely due to the above and because its developed during a period when I havent had the roof down in quite a while...

S2000 UK, phil, keep me updated with any progress please guys and I will be sure to do the same, tbh your description of a 'vibration' describes it better then mine, it sounds like the exact same problem, i.e, only makes itself heard over a course road surface or when burying the throttle at low revs, thing is its gotten worse to the point that I can hear it over MOST road surfaces now

Ian, I cant STAND rattles at all, you would literally laugh out loud at the amount of anti rattle felt strips I have used on this car, from the roof catches to the point where my tomtom leans against the A pillar I have gone about killing the rattles quite obsessively... trouble is the rattles in this car are truly demonic, you kill one and two more pop up in its stead!

Really makes me wonder howon earth the S2k has won all these awards for build quality tbh
Old 12-15-2005, 11:22 PM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

mine doesn't rattle. aside from the passenger seatbelt so i got a set of chav HONDA seatbelt pads off ebay.

sorted

if you think this car rattles drive an MGF.. we test drove a new one and it rattled like it had a boot full of m&m's.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2,Dec 16 2005, 08:22 AM
mine doesn't rattle. aside from the passenger seatbelt so i got a set of chav HONDA seatbelt pads off ebay.
I'd rather have the rattle!
Old 12-16-2005, 12:32 AM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by CiderBoy,Dec 16 2005, 08:57 AM
I'd rather have the rattle!
each to their own.. i'm beginning to think they're quite stylish

this guy has em..

look at me i'm cool

who says he aint cool???
Old 12-16-2005, 01:46 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Sounds stupid, but have you checked the spare wheel retainer is tight & the tool roll?

They are often the source.

Mustard mit I've created a rattle in the Prelude's door, when I bridged the connections inside the heated mirror switch.

I'm fairly sure it's the electric window switch wires; I must have mis-located them.

Another trick is to go nuts with that horrid, gooey dashboard spray: since it may be that the plastic, ducting or wires, has gone brittle over time, spray everything with Vinylex or 303 or whatever! It may take a few days to work in, but it's probably quicker than re-building the car!
Old 12-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by PhenomS2k,Dec 16 2005, 01:38 AM
Ian, I cant STAND rattles at all, you would literally laugh out loud at the amount of anti rattle felt strips I have used on this car, from the roof catches to the point where my tomtom leans against the A pillar I have gone about killing the rattles quite obsessively... trouble is the rattles in this car are truly demonic, you kill one and two more pop up in its stead!
Seriously, we should meet up at a weekend and compare rattles - you could show me how you stop them, it is something I'd love to do, and I can probably tell you what each rattle is!!
Old 12-16-2005, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Dec 16 2005, 08:49 PM
Seriously, we should meet up at a weekend and compare rattles - you could show me how you stop them, it is something I'd love to do, and I can probably tell you what each rattle is!!
Can I come too!

As much as I love my S, it REALLY piss me off going on rough roads, and all the rattlely bits just come out to party. It's especially bad on the M6 north with all the rumble strip like road.

Quick Reply: The worst rattle ever