UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Work Emotion CR Kiwami's

Old 07-22-2015, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay some advice please!!

They arrived and they've been fitted today but I'm not sure about the fitment. Could do with some expert opinions..!

I bought the sizes as stated above, and the wheels really are lovely:

The fronts fit out the arches quite nicely, but the rears stick out a little more than I expected/calculated:

The extent that they stick out is really obvious in this picture:

and from the front too:

So do I have any options? The prospect of rolling arches scares me!
Old 07-22-2015, 10:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My opinion, but they look far too big for that ride height. You'd have to drop the car to make them work which would mean arch work I'd imagine? That's why I've stuck with 17", not to mention the better ride.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:10 AM

Received 134 Likes on 113 Posts

I agree, needs to be lowered to look right. The arch gap is bigger than the tyre, I think that's why it looks strange.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does look strange, like you've had the car lifted off the ground on jacks and then you've lowered it back down, but the car hasn't settled properly.

There looks to be hardy any camber either. The fronts look bolt upright, maybe it would look a bit better if there was a touch more.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:28 AM

They remind me of the first facelift wheels. They look really similar with 5 twin spokes as a matter of fact. Did you just go for them for the size increase?
Old 07-22-2015, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by chrispayze
I agree, needs to be lowered to look right. The arch gap is bigger than the tyre, I think that's why it looks strange.
I think you're right. Lower springs was penciled in as next on my to do list, but unfortunately have to do things step by step.

Originally Posted by mdb_75
There looks to be hardy any camber either. The fronts look bolt upright, maybe it would look a bit better if there was a touch more.
Perhaps, and I think this will be necessary if I lower it too. I've read on Floppy's 'Will this fit?' thread that that 1 degree of camber brings the top of the tire in by 5mm, so this will presumably help with the rear tires sticking out. Floppy has 1.25 degrees at the front and 2.25 degrees at the back.

Originally Posted by japcrap
They remind me of the first facelift wheels. They look really similar with 5 twin spokes as a matter of fact. Did you just go for them for the size increase?
Maybe it's the photos above but they look very different to the facelift wheels imo. I really like them! Each to their own I guess. Maybe it was the wrong decision if I have to roll the arches to get the fitment as I want though
Old 07-22-2015, 12:37 PM

Lower it with a bit of camber and you get
Old 07-22-2015, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Floppy
Originally Posted by weatyGT' timestamp='1428169536' post='23566536
There was some of these at ace cafe last year red s2k on 18s looked yummy!!! Or a very similar wheel...
That was AlexJG/AlexGJ's car. His were CR KAI not KAIWAMI though, the latter of which are much rarer.

That fitment will fit fine, just go for it. My XD9's were much lower offset and wider, they did need an arch roll but yours wont. Take a look at the wheel fitment thread I created in my sig for some more help.
It was mine!
Old 07-22-2015, 12:49 PM

[attachment=82647:image.jpg]
Attached Thumbnails Work Emotion CR Kiwami's-image.jpg  
Old 07-22-2015, 01:09 PM

Very nice! What camber are you running? And did you modify your arches?

Quick Reply: Work Emotion CR Kiwami's