UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Work Car Park

Old 10-25-2005, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2uk,Oct 25 2005, 07:40 AM
how do you know its a women? you not telling us something ?
How does everyone else know it's a bloke?

Another one for the "inform security as a precaution and leave notes on car and baord"
Old 10-25-2005, 01:49 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

I'm with Gad on this one:

Most Personnel depts seem to be forever arranging 'team building' bullshit excercises.

This character is clearly a company subversive!

I think it is done by e-mail these days.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:53 AM

It's a difficult situation. Whatever you do could lead to your car being vandalised.
I live in a flat and have a numbered parking space in the car park at the rear of the building. Often, people visit houses close by and park illegally in the residents spaces. About three weeks ago i was washing my car and someone illegally parked in the space next to mine. He told me he would be there for about half an hour. I felt like giving him some verbals but stopped myself because i didn't want to risk having my car damaged at a later date. In your situation i would put a note on you dash stating you have permission to take up two spaces. Geoff.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:05 AM

I used to live in a block of flats near a station, where the commputers used to borrow the car park.

Living in the block was an East-End character, known (behind his back) as Micky the Queer (now late, sadly).

Micky was a successful man, but had literacy difficulties.

After he left a scrawled message on a note on the windscreen of one perpetrator, the problem stopped overnight.

He was great for sorting out such problems, Micky.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:08 AM
Al2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Oct 24 2005, 10:16 PM
speak to HR about it

ask them to circulate a note to all staff

that should put the wind up them

Yeh, get them doing something worthwhile once-and-for-all in an attempt to partly justify their hugely-inflated salaries!
Old 10-25-2005, 04:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wadswoaj,Oct 24 2005, 11:21 PM
Sorry if this seems too obvious...... but if you are parked in a lightly used part at the back of the car park can't you just park in one space without much risk of somebody parking next to you?
whenever i have done this it always seems as though it is an invitation for some prick to come along and park tight to the car .
Old 10-25-2005, 04:50 AM
Banned

No CCTV?

If it was close enough I'd setup a little dlink ip webcam at the closest window and see if anyone returns to it. Then either knock their c*nt in or have them sacked.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:36 AM

Personally, I'd speak with security about it happening and tell them that this time you're going to let it slide, but could they keep an eye out and if they see it happening again could they intervene on your behalf and perhaps explain the situation to this poor misguided individual.
Security guards are usually only too pleased to be asked to do some detective work, it brightens their dull day and lets them think they're real coppers instead of failed ones

Then slip them a fifty to give him a kicking out of view of the CCTV
Old 10-25-2005, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by douglasr,Oct 24 2005, 10:26 PM
Ditto Gadaffi - go and see personnel, explain the situation and ask them to send out an e-mail expaining that you had permission from security and would appreciate a more professional approach if the individual in question has an issue with your parking.
a company wide email means that you can 'talk' to the perpetrator and explain. Also subtly hints that you would take it further and not just ignore it should anything else happen.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:35 AM

Handle it well, it could even earn brownie points.

Handle it wrong, face the tin-tack.

Quick Reply: Work Car Park