UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Which wire is......

Old 08-24-2005, 12:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by StevenM,Aug 24 2005, 09:17 AM
Will you have it installed by the weekend?

My priority over the weekend is to replace the seized bush. If I sort this out quickly then I have the yellow box, Spoon lightweight battery and the cusco ant-roll bars (if they get delivered) to install.
Hmm, I doubt the final drive will be finished by the weekend - he's got two to fit and also the Spoon LSD to fit into PJL's diff - I guess he might be able to if he's got nothing else lined up. If he does manage it then I'll be encouraging my Dad to swop my diffs this weekend

EDIT: I'm going to fit my Tanabe anti roll bars either this weekend or next.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:50 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Be careful!!!!!!!!!!!

According to my ESM, the blue FROM the ECM powers the air injection pump!

The VSS seems to have an instrument pack connection (bloody vague diagrams!) and that was become blue/white.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:57 AM

Connector C to the ECM has a blue/white cable - this may be the cable you are referring to Nick. I agree that its a dangerous game, hence my decision to tap the VSS cable under the car and route twin core cable through the engine bay, through the grommet behind the battery, into the passenger footwell.

I've continued the twin core behind the dash to the driver's footwell, where I will connect my Yellow Jacket There's a 5v green cable under the steering wheel (I'll post a photo over the weekend) which powers the Yellow Jacket, but Yellow Box owners need a 12v source - plenty of wires there, or one of the accessory power supplies can be easily tapped.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:33 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

That's the one Craig!

The blue from the CPU is assigned to C5. Since I don't have the destructions leaflet, I'm confused.

The ESM is a PIA to use too! Bring back paper WDs!

The bottom (IIRC) connector on the fuse box is ignition-switch controlled, for a source of buzz without chopping more wires.

I ran my detector cable through the same grommet. (Well I poked a hole in the grommet and back filled it with silicone sealant!) Presumably, two-core would more easily pass and might be another solution.

I would personally keep the connexions in the passenger compartment though. (I still have those wet Italian-electrics blues!)

Old 08-24-2005, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Aug 24 2005, 01:33 PM
I would personally keep the connexions in the passenger compartment though. (I still have those wet Italian-electrics blues!)
Oh well, my fitting is complete (aside from the replacement Yellow Jacket!) but I have to play this game again with Iron Head's Yellow Box - I don't want to be the person responsible for cutting the wrong ECM wire
Old 08-24-2005, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

god im all confused now with the ECM's, CPU's etc etc!!! What does ECM stand for??!! Do I still have to hunt down the blue/white wire on the ECU plug and cut into this one ??!

Cheers
Confused Chris
Old 08-24-2005, 06:40 AM

The ECM is the ECU, its just Honda ESM speak
Old 08-24-2005, 06:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told you could just fit an electronics box (not sure which one) on the cable from the gearbox which fools ecu into thinking its still doing 112mph

This is what my old car had done leaving a little black box hanging from some wires from the passenger side of the gearbox!

I'm confused
Old 08-24-2005, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Andrew Doherty,Aug 24 2005, 03:52 PM
I was told you could just fit an electronics box (not sure which one) on the cable from the gearbox which fools ecu into thinking its still doing 112mph

This is what my old car had done leaving a little black box hanging from some wires from the passenger side of the gearbox!

I'm confused
Certainly you could do that as long as you tapped the VSS wire immediately before the ECU i.e. after its branched off the proper pulse signal to the instrument panel
Old 08-24-2005, 07:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats ok then

I think nyou'll find as well that on the blue/white wires, one will be blue with a white stripe and the other will be white with a blue stripe (just have to look VERY carefully )

Andy

These threads are really usefull Chris & in fact I think we should have something like this sticky'd up top of our board for other peeps looking ot import JDM to the UK

Quick Reply: Which wire is......