UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Winter Treatment

Old 12-17-2001, 10:48 AM
gus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Treatment

I have read so many threads on which paint cleanser and wax to use .....
But they all seem to contradict each other . You lot all seem to know your stuff so please could you give me some advice as the Zaino stuff is very expensive and so I want to be sure before I buy, but at the moment I am leaning towards P21S, as they seem to have a deal on at the moment.
At the moment I use Autoglym but am not happy with it and as I have 3 weeks off work So I want to treat my car to some TLC, so want to order something to asap
Old 12-17-2001, 12:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gus
[B]I have read so many threads on which paint cleanser and wax to use .....
But they all seem
Old 12-17-2001, 02:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2p.

Use a good quality wax - Zaimol, P21S the Older Wax Wizzard Stuff.

I've finding the P21S vasty superior to the Autoglym products I used before. The shine is holding up much better in these salt conditions that Autoglym Extra Gloss managed in far better weather. I'm very chuffed. I'm sure the others will do a very similar job. The only down side is it is a little harder work to apply. But worth it IMHO for the results. I'm a big fan - but I'm not going to ram it down people's throats. I'd just say the S2000 is worth
Old 12-17-2001, 10:23 PM

I was laughing about my previous Autoglym addiction with biker1 last night

I was converted to Zymol about the same time I bought the S2000 and adore the stuff! The S2000 gets the full treatment inside and out but the waxes I use are Concourse for the panels and Detail for the wing mirrors. Other tips are to Plexus your light housings, black windscreen tape, licence plates and the rear stop light (as well as the plastic back window of course!)

I'm using Zymol Creme wax on Bernie's Focus and their cleaner wax liquid polish on other cars that find there way to me for some TLC

Prior to the first application of Zymol you need to prep the bodywork ideally with a clay bar, followed by deep cleansing the paintwork (HD Cleanse) and an application of the wax of your choice. The cleansing only needs to be done once or twice a year, the rest of the time you just apply wax.

The wax goes on by hand so you don't waste any and get it exactly where you want, it polishes off after a 5 minute or so cure time (works great even in the depths of a UK winter) and being a Carnuba wax it leaves no powdery residue behind

The wax looks amazing and the finish lasts soooo long! I went 6 weeks between coats once and the paintwork still beaded water as tightly as day 1 - rather different than how I remember Autoglym performing....

The whole Zymol range is first class (except I prefer AG's Fast Glass glass cleaner) and I use it all every 4 weeks to give a top to toe better than new look to the car

Zymol
Old 12-17-2001, 11:07 PM
gus

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bmarshall
[B]My 2p.

Use a good quality wax - Zaimol, P21S the Older Wax Wizzard Stuff.

I've finding the P21S vasty superior to the Autoglym products I used before. The shine is holding up much better in these salt conditions that Autoglym Extra Gloss managed in far better weather. I'm very chuffed. I'm sure the others will do a very similar job. The only down side is it is a little harder work to apply. But worth it IMHO for the results. I'm a big fan - but I'm not going to ram it down people's throats. I'd just say the S2000 is worth
Old 12-17-2001, 11:21 PM

Auto Fanatics - P21s range

I've used these guys in the past to get my Tequipment stuff, they define "customer service"

I don't know how their prices compare to GB rates on P21s though
Old 12-17-2001, 11:24 PM
gus

After checking the American threads everyone raves about Zaino and after checking the website it doesn't seem to expensive ! If anyone is interested we could do a group buy from the zaino site and split amongst 5 or 6 of us would not be too bad ?
Old 12-17-2001, 11:29 PM

A Zaino GB for the UK would be very popular I'm sure
Old 12-18-2001, 01:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was suprised how cheap the Zaino was - I got a claybar, 1x Z1, 2x clear coat polish, 2x gloss enhancer, 2x shampoo and it cost about $90.

If the GB goes ahead I need some ZXF very, very badly . It is so frustraiting seeing all those bottles lined up on the shelf in the garage and not being able to use them.

I am away over Christmas (23rd - 3rd Jan). If the GB goes ahead in my absence please put me down for 2 lots of ZFX - hopefully enough folks on the board know me well well enough now to trust me to cough up the $$$$'s on my return
Old 12-18-2001, 01:51 AM

No worries!

Gus, are you going to go ahead with this?

Quick Reply: Winter Treatment