UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

winter prices

Old 10-30-2012, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue nile
I am interested in this convrsation from the other side: I am trying to sell my 2005 on here, and am singularly failing , probably becauseit is in Scotland, which is obviously further away than Iceland....... But maybe because of some other reason, which is what I am asking. Is it the location? Price?

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/971...ing-blue-8500/

It has been on PH and autotrader earlier. Which got very limited interest at £9k.
At the moment, I am happy to keep it in the garage till spring but it seems a terrible waste, and I guess it will still lose value sitting there.

What do you think?
You have a tidy looking example but I guess you're not that keen to sell it given that it was advertised in August. Keep it until next year or sell it now, either way the price will only go downwards. GLWTS.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:57 PM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

My daughters hated the blue iterior too. Me I like it.
OK so nurby is not the best colour, but who cares when you get all that performance?

And 8250 looks cheap to me, especially when compared with the rest of the market.
Where have you seen one with less than 40k on an 05 for that price?
Which is why I asked the question on this thread
I personally think its overpriced by quite a bit - I sold mine back in July when the weather was nice, it was silverstone 04 plate with 70k miles, geo set up by centre gravity so all geo bolts were nice and freed up, didn't come with a hard top but had lots of receipts etc and like yours was very very well looked after mechanically and cosmetically.

Mine was up for £8250 and I sold it for £8k to the first viewer.

I think with your location and the love it or hate it colour interiors along with the crap weather / season for selling an open top I would either keep it till next year or look at pricing it a lot lower to get some interest, I think it's probably overpriced by £1250 if not more to generate some interest.

Hopefully I have no offended you but it's just my opinion.

If you can afford to keep it till next year then I think that would be best - buyers usually buy in crap weather to get themselves a bargain so that when they come to sell it they may even break even if they sell in the summer.

I have been looking at the cheaper end of the scale for a pure track day car and it looks like you could pick one up for £3400 and then sell some bits off it for a good £800 in total.

I think if my Polo track car dies then I will certainly get an S2000 as a replacement track toy.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Originally Posted by Blue nile' timestamp='1351597825' post='22117591
I am interested in this convrsation from the other side: I am trying to sell my 2005 on here, and am singularly failing , probably becauseit is in Scotland, which is obviously further away than Iceland....... But maybe because of some other reason, which is what I am asking. Is it the location? Price?

https://www.s2ki.com/...ring-blue-8500/

It has been on PH and autotrader earlier. Which got very limited interest at £9k.
At the moment, I am happy to keep it in the garage till spring but it seems a terrible waste, and I guess it will still lose value sitting there.

What do you think?
I guess it's probably priced too high, though the location won't help. It will lose some value if you keep it, but not much.

The awful colour won't help, if you were based in Brighton it'd go in no time
I think you'll find that Lady Boy is the 2nd best colour that the S was available in
Old 10-31-2012, 01:30 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Just went to the dentist and was having a read of November's Car magazine - they have an article on best 2nd hand cars for golf money, and yup, you've guessed it - the S2000 is in there. Their "find" was a 77k miler '99 FSH for just under £5000 trade.

P.S. nice pic going sideways on the photo shoot too - although the cover shot would suggest you could buy a GP white 2009 for £5K
Old 10-31-2012, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova
I've seen a 2004 GT with 60k for £5,500 including S200 D plate FHSH recently I'm afraid.
I think that one's sold now
Old 10-31-2012, 01:49 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulF
Originally Posted by lovegroova' timestamp='1351599119' post='22117611
[quote name='Blue nile' timestamp='1351597825' post='22117591']

https://www.s2ki.com/...ring-blue-8500/

What do you think?
I guess it's probably priced too high, though the location won't help. It will lose some value if you keep it, but not much.

The awful colour won't help, if you were based in Brighton it'd go in no time
I think you'll find that Lady Boy is the 2nd best colour that the S was available in
[/quote]

Blue is the new blue?
Old 10-31-2012, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An interesting variety of viewpoints!
If it is £1.5k overpriced, I will definitely keep it, I only want to sell it because it seems a waste to keep it in the garage, and it is in such good order it can only suffer in a winter of driving.
On the other hand , I can just get on with it and enjoy it, after all burning up £8k has got to be fun.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:06 AM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

What you would replace it with is likely going to lose similar money so in real terms, you lose nothing by keeping it garaged until next year and starting again. If you don't need to sell at the worst time of year then don't
Old 10-31-2012, 10:52 AM

An interesting variety of viewpoints!
If it is £1.5k overpriced, I will definitely keep it, I only want to sell it because it seems a waste to keep it in the garage, and it is in such good order it can only suffer in a winter of driving.
On the other hand , I can just get on with it and enjoy it, after all burning up £8k has got to be fun.
I think it's reasonably well priced, not a bargain but not overpriced like so many I see for sale.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well ended up buying one today, spent slightly over my budget at £5350 but considering the amount of care this one has had recently at DMS motorsport i thought it was worth stretching the budget a bit.

Its an 03 plate in silverstone silver with black interior.

couple of photos fromt he advert

plan to keep it as is for the time being then add an intake and newer oem wheels next year.

Quick Reply: winter prices