UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

THIS WILL BE the new RoadieMobile!

Old 11-29-2004, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered the Lexus. Seems they have some new 2005 models coming over from Japan in December. Knocked a bit off the list and included DVD Sat Nav (for when we move next year some time, that is!). Only thing I won't get is the front and rear spoilers. I will get these later, although there are aftermarket options (not chav ones!) that I quite like, too.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Interested why you rule out the Skoda so, the Superb is just that...longer wheelbase than the Passat, all its goodies & terrific diesel engines for 45-55mpg (not the 2.5 mind)....trouble is in Newcastle everyone thinks you'd be a taxi...they all drive them up here (30,000 mile service intervals must help).

Passat W8, the best selling spare part in the world comes from that....the W8 interior light...drops into Golfs lovely. . Wouldn't fancy the 18 -20 mpg you get out of the W8 4 mo mind.

I found the lexus very cramped in the rear but I loved the rest of it...especially when I found how much power the 2 litre V6 can knock out with some forced induction (250 BHp+)....knocks the 2 litre 4 banger Altezza into a cocked hat..
Old 11-29-2004, 11:30 PM

Well done Roadie, you have made a good choice.

(Thinks - WHAT am I saying???)
Old 11-30-2004, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by UK Paul,Nov 30 2004, 08:27 AM
Interested why you rule out the Skoda so, the Superb is just that...longer wheelbase than the Passat, all its goodies & terrific diesel engines for 45-55mpg (not the 2.5 mind)....trouble is in Newcastle everyone thinks you'd be a taxi...they all drive them up here (30,000 mile service intervals must help).

Passat W8, the best selling spare part in the world comes from that....the W8 interior light...drops into Golfs lovely. . Wouldn't fancy the 18 -20 mpg you get out of the W8 4 mo mind.

I found the lexus very cramped in the rear but I loved the rest of it...especially when I found how much power the 2 litre V6 can knock out with some forced induction (250 BHp+)....knocks the 2 litre 4 banger Altezza into a cocked hat..
I guess I am a little vain, especially with the S2000. I'm known for my car on the island. Hence, I wanted something that said I was still in business, having a baby and still managing to drive a more unique and good looking car for Arran. Does that make sense? Somehow, despite it's reputation, a Skoda surely couldn't follow after the S2000.

I like the Lexus. Rear seat space won't be a problem as the only person to sit in the back (in most cases) will only be a foot long

Besides, that Sat Nav is really going to come in handy when we have to find the Glasgow Hospital.

Fuel consumption was a minor worry, ...the Lexus returns around 30mpg.

Old 11-30-2004, 12:18 AM

Isn't there going to be a new IS200 next year? The car is quite old now and you will not get 56% after 3 years, especially if you order it with so many options. IMO the Lexus can suffer an even worse image than a Beemer and tends to be the car a salesman will go for before he can afford a Beemer 3 series.

Its a nice car though and a good choice, a friend of mine had one na d really liked it. I think there are better alternatives, e.g. RX8, Audi A3 Sportback, but if we all bought the same it would be boring!
Old 11-30-2004, 02:19 AM

My neighbour has one of these IS200 Lexii. You will be most pleased to hear that the alloys are made but the same Japanese Company that makes the very good corroding rims on early S2000's. Plenty of warrantee trips for you esp. as you in harsh Scotland.

On the hole its OK. Mind you, you get more bang for your buck buying a used lurvley LS400 or GS430. V8's boys its the future!!!

My experience tells me (I'm an Uncle), that there is no car on the Planet that has a big enough boot for all your baby kit. You will find the boot is gonna be way too small as soon as little 'un arrives, then what about with baby No. 2!!!!!!!!

An Accord Estate would have been the one to go for or a BMW 5 Series Estate (M)

Good luck and congrats with your baby.

G
Old 11-30-2004, 02:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadkill,Nov 30 2004, 09:10 AM
I guess I am a little vain, especially with the S2000. I'm known for my car on the island. Hence, I wanted something that said I was still in business, having a baby and still managing to drive a more unique and good looking car for Arran. Does that make sense? Somehow, despite it's reputation, a Skoda surely couldn't follow after the S2000.

I like the Lexus. Rear seat space won't be a problem as the only person to sit in the back (in most cases) will only be a foot long

Besides, that Sat Nav is really going to come in handy when we have to find the Glasgow Hospital.

Fuel consumption was a minor worry, ...the Lexus returns around 30mpg.

Understand....isn't that snobbery on Arran...where men are men & sheep are...

You might think rear space isn't an issue now...but they are born nearer 24" (I was anyway...the longest baby recorded to that date in Ashington hospital....I'm only 5'8" now ).

My 14 month old is already pushing on the back of my seat in the Golf (similiar rear space I'd guess, not an issue if their feet are clean as they soon get bored of it if you ignore it...but if they've been walking the high ground etc?

Has to be a Black Lexus..

Nearer 20 mpg if you get the supercharger on
Old 11-30-2004, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by moff,Nov 30 2004, 10:18 AM
Isn't there going to be a new IS200 next year? The car is quite old now and you will not get 56% after 3 years, especially if you order it with so many options. IMO the Lexus can suffer an even worse image than a Beemer and tends to be the car a salesman will go for before he can afford a Beemer 3 series.
Apparently, I'm getting the 2005 model, so I am not sure if there is a further car on the horizon for next year. As far as depreciation is concerned, jeez....I've actually lost a lot more on the S2000.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:27 AM
Banned

Strange - I swapped my S2000 for a Lexus IS200SE yesterday!!

Just about to PM someone as I promised them my radio door/alu gear knob and a few other bits.

I went for a 51 plate with 20K miles to free up some cash for my new flat which I exchange on next week. I paid 13K for a Graphite Sky with brand new 17 in alloys and loads of toys including: Climate/Heated/Electric leather/folding mirrors etc etc.

Really nice ride and not much more cash than a similar spec Type-R.

Lexus service is a little better than the Honda service you
Old 11-30-2004, 06:39 AM

[QUOTE=iDLe*,Nov 30 2004, 01:27 PM] Strange - I swapped my S2000 for a Lexus IS200SE yesterday!!

Just about to PM someone as I promised them my radio door/alu gear knob and a few other bits.

I went for a 51 plate with 20K miles to free up some cash for my new flat which I exchange on next week. I paid 13K for a Graphite Sky with brand new 17 in alloys and loads of toys including: Climate/Heated/Electric leather/folding mirrors etc etc.

Really nice ride and not much more cash than a similar spec Type-R.

Lexus service is a little better than the Honda service you

Quick Reply: THIS WILL BE the new RoadieMobile!