UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

WILL I BUY A NEW s2000? brand new

Old 03-04-2006, 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WILL I BUY A NEW s2000? brand new

As most of you know i am new to this site ( a few months not even a member as i have commitment issues) however , owning my S gives me the same feelings i used to have with my DC2 integra and i dont want to let those feelings go.

So.........

i own my car , i owe no money on it as i always operate like this, ive never bought a new car as ive never felt uncomfortable in the knowledge that i am throwing money away. but i love the S so i think it is time i should get a Brand new car.

Now my thoughts are these, i bought my house a year ago and spend loads renovating the property (new everything) so i could do with whacking 8k into my account, i have two holidays this year and one is skiing in Austria at christmas /new year.

so sell my current car 13.5-14k say and pay for the holidays, pay my account the money back so i have a little nest egg to build up again and left over money can go into the bank for general use.

Then buy a new car. I can ask my dad for the advise but he will just offer me the deposit and then i feel like a little boy again.

So i would like advise on the best way to buy a new S, i dont care if its a 2006 model pre-reg as i dont like the new alloys on the new model so i wont be bothered if its an older model with new reg i just want a new car.

so money wise how would i go about this. if i walk into the dealer up here they will take the piss and rip me off, i wont get a good deal.

How would they work the payment if i wanted to buy the car up over 3-4 years. what deposit and monthly payment would they ask for. should i just buy it of the internet choose my options and let it be delivered.

this is a different world to me so my ignorance on this level i appologise for just be patient with me if i ask dumbass questions.

Thank you very much for the help.

James

i would get moonrock/red with my new car.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

It will cost you more on finance than you will earn in interest on your nest egg.

You'd be better off paying for what you need to with a 0% credit card, or small bank loan by the sound of it
Old 03-04-2006, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Mar 4 2006, 05:29 PM
It will cost you more on finance than you will earn in interest on your nest egg
Unless he ups the savings to 12k for that 10% thing in the Offtopic section.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:35 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Personally id never buy a brand new car, unless I become extremely rich

Can you slap it on the mortgage?

MB
Old 03-04-2006, 08:35 AM

i read in top gear (monthly subsciber) that www.hondas-uk.co.uk were doing a brand new s2000 for 22,495 its a euro import though
i dont want to make any contact with them just now.

i would like to know what other people do to buy there own s2000's
Old 03-04-2006, 08:38 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Why buy a watered down version of a classic?

Originally Posted by grahamb,Mar 4 2006, 05:32 PM
Unless he ups the savings to 12k for that 10% thing in the Offtopic section.
Or not..having just read the thread properly

Finance choice is up to you, the more deposit, usually the lower the APR you can negotiate to. PCP vs Hire purchace:

PCP = Monthly payment then balloon payment at the end. Advantages are lower monthly paymentsand short terms, disadvantages are that you need to stick to the mileage you say e.g. 12k per annum, less equity at the end of the agreement, higher APR

e.g.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:49 AM

i wouldnt do HP

i guess i could save the majority of my wages after mortgage, council tax rip off, and the rest could save 10-12k by dec- jan07 and whack that as deposit, plus any cash parents and grandparents cough up i could be looking and allot extra.

The g/f will just blow it though on more holidays and fendi crap.

on a side topic she bought herself a handbag this week on my dollar for 320quid beeatch eh.

Anyway damn i wanted a new one by the end of march that was my thinking and i dont want to trade my current S in as i will get shafted.

guess easier to keep it.
come on peeps think.

Moff thank you for your answer

James
Old 03-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Keep it - less thinking required

Quick Reply: WILL I BUY A NEW s2000? brand new