UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Why should i have to check?

Old 03-25-2003, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Collin,

Point taken, moan away!!! It wasnt meant to be a criticism, more a concern that some people seem to focus on the negative a bit more than the positive. Ans when the negatives are dealt with in such a positive way....well you know what I mean,

Dan
Old 03-25-2003, 11:35 PM

Dan, I think its only a handful of people who dont get good service from there dealers, I get A1 service from mine, in June 01 I got married and they had my old 00 car in for a new short engine and it didnt look as though it would be ready for the wedding, I asked them to try there hardest as my wife wanted to drive off into the sunset in a convertable (She actually wasnt bothered it was me really), well they did it and when I went to pick the car up they presented me with a massive bouquet of flowers, not your Asda
Old 03-26-2003, 12:23 AM

Just out of interest what where the problems with your car, and how did you become aware of them??

Good news on the flowers, I am getting married this year, I might have to try this!!

Dan
Old 03-26-2003, 12:58 AM

Dan, initially the engine used alot of oil, now as we all know this is common but they did a consumption test and Honda wanted to look at the short engine to see why before it went pop so they replaced it. When the new short engine came back it was making a loud tappety type noise so it went back and the valves were adjusted, the noise never fully went away and I kept telling the dealer but it would never make the noise when I was there until one day the engine started making aloud ticking noise, it went in and they did the oil jet recall and found a spark plug had come loose and was sparking all over the shop and had to replace the head. The diff made a whining noise when put under load from say a T junction, the clutch was the normal thing with the resinating noise and slipping but at the time the 055 clutch was not available so I had two old ones on before the new one was released, the screens just kept on scratching heavilly when the roof was retracted and the alloys started pitting and corroding. The straw came when I took the car in for the recall/head and when I collected the car they had been leaning on the wings and put ripples on both wings, dont get me wrong they put everything right and the service manager was furious that the car had been damaged but I demanded some compensation and ended up with a very good deal on a new one. So all went well in the end, lets hope this one is okay.
Old 03-26-2003, 09:00 AM

I must admit that is a list of problems, lets hope all goes well from now on,

Cheers

Dan