UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Why should i have to check?

Old 03-22-2003, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why should i have to check?

Just been round the car, after getting it back from the dealers after the accident, and one of the jobs they did was fit a new front wheel.

Now this shouldn't have cause too much of a problem, but I've just checked the tyre pressures and the one they have changed had 36psi instead of 32!

Gary now goes to try and find his best surprised face......................no sorry can't find!

Can't these people do even the simplest things?

Rant over

Gaza
Old 03-22-2003, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Simple - you shouldn't have to

Go moan at them, tell them you want compo due to the fact you are now shocked and having nightmares about what could have happened. Post Traumatic Stress, etc etc
Old 03-22-2003, 12:26 PM

Sorry, but that is the typical standard of work for a Honda dealer. I don't want to worry you, but they probably didn't tighten all the bolts up either. Have you checked that the alignment was carried out to what it should be?
Old 03-22-2003, 11:20 PM

Dont be so quick to judge. My car had been in the garage for a few days and it had been -1 overnight. I checked the tyres and the fronts were at 29.5, the rears 30.0. Once I had driven down to the garage to check them (5 miles for Optimax), they were back at 32.0. If they didn't use a good guage, then you can understand why it was wrong.

Be thankfull that everything else was OK
Old 03-24-2003, 07:02 AM

Douglasr, 5 miles would add 3-4 psi to the pressures, The tyre pressures should be taken cold and be 32 when cold, just driving a couple of miles can alter the pressures. I always take mine in the morning.
Old 03-24-2003, 01:11 PM

Originally posted by Colin Killick
Douglasr, 5 miles would add 3-4 psi to the pressures, The tyre pressures should be taken cold and be 32 when cold, just driving a couple of miles can alter the pressures. I always take mine in the morning.
I added 2psi and they are now back at 32 (cold). My point I was trying to make was that if that is all thats wrong with the car after an accident repair, then dont worry, be happy. The last repair I had done on a car of mine took three attempts to get it right and that was only after the intervention of an insurance company engineer
Old 03-25-2003, 01:09 AM

I must admit that I find the constant complaining by people on the board amazing!! I dont think I have ever heard of a car company that offers the kind of service that Honda does. I dont know of one single person on the board who has had a valid warranty claim and not had it resolved, i.e. new wheels, wiring looms, dash boards. The S2000 may have its faults from time to time, but you cant knock the dealers or Honda for how they respond...

Dan
Old 03-25-2003, 01:13 AM

Originally posted by DanH
I must admit that I find the constant complaining by people on the board amazing!! I don't think I have ever heard of a car company that offers the kind of service that Honda does. I don't know of one single person on the board who has had a valid warranty claim and not had it resolved, i.e. new wheels, wiring looms, dash boards. The S2000 may have its faults from time to time, but you cant knock the dealers or Honda for how they respond...

Dan
I have to agree here - the level of workshop service that I've received in the past has been very good, and the warranty claims department very accommodating. I've only had a couple of after service niggles, which have not been too inconvenient to resolve.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:58 AM

Originally posted by DanH
I must admit that I find the constant complaining by people on the board amazing!! I dont think I have ever heard of a car company that offers the kind of service that Honda does. I dont know of one single person on the board who has had a valid warranty claim and not had it resolved, i.e. new wheels, wiring looms, dash boards. The S2000 may have its faults from time to time, but you cant knock the dealers or Honda for how they respond...

Dan
Dan, I originally had an 00 car and the warranty claims I had were numerous, they were all sorted out to my satisfaction but due to the volume of them it became a little tiresome. most people have had problems with one or more of the normal issues, namely clutch, engine, diff, gearbox, rear screen, alloys. I had all bar the gearbox. I actually had 3 clutches and 4 screens plus a short engine and a cylinder head. Despite all this I have remained loyal to the car and dealer (Due to there excellent service, Gordon Lamb at Chesterfield) and purchased an 03 car. So in response to your post I would say that providing you comment upon the positive aspects of ownership which most do, myself and a few others are entitled to a little moan now and then, dont you?
Old 03-25-2003, 04:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had a few problems with my car, but have been very pleased and satisfied by the way that both Honda UK and my dealership (Geo Collins, Herstmonceax) have handled everything - warranty issues have been addressed, approved and dealt with in an efficient and timely manner with the car always being returned to me in good order.

I think that Honda UK are better than average in the way they deal with their customers (though I know some have found then a complete nightmare) and certainly, there are service departments out there who strive for, and achieve, very high standards indeed.

Quick Reply: Why should i have to check?