UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

why does my s feel sluggish...sometimes

Old 08-17-2013, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why does my s feel sluggish...sometimes

I noticed a few times now that sometimes my S feels sluggish on pick up, I can get in one day and it feels so smooth and 'free' quick to react to throttle, the next day it feels sluggish to the point were I am checking I have not left my handbrake on a couple of clicks,

does this sound familiar, or..........

is it just me and my old mind playing tricks
Old 08-17-2013, 06:23 AM

I've always put it down to the weather. Sometimes everything feels right, but others it feels off.

Air pressure, moisture level etc will have an effect on the IAT and MAP sensors.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine some times does that and I take it to the motorway for a good 50 miles just to loosen up as I drive mine to much around town
Old 08-17-2013, 08:55 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

because it's got a wheeze bag of an engine with at least 2 cylinders missing, someday's mine won't pull the skin of a rice pudding let alone off the lights in a hurry
Old 08-17-2013, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by baldii
I noticed a few times now that sometimes my S feels sluggish on pick up, I can get in one day and it feels so smooth and 'free' quick to react to throttle, the next day it feels sluggish to the point were I am checking I have not left my handbrake on a couple of clicks,

You need to let me 'fiddle' with it and it'll make power to 10,000rpm!!
Old 08-17-2013, 09:30 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

I think mine gets a bit sluggish when the fuel is low, but then again might just be in my head too does the fuel pump getting tired on the S2000 (58K miles) ?
Old 08-17-2013, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Originally Posted by baldii' timestamp='1376748279' post='22729607

You need to let me 'fiddle' with it and it'll make power to 10,000rpm!!
Ron, it's all yours if you want to 'enhance' it's potential
Old 08-17-2013, 09:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sound_wave
I've always put it down to the weather. Sometimes everything feels right, but others it feels off.

Air pressure, moisture level etc will have an effect on the IAT and MAP sensors.
Agree with this, mine felt down on power in the recent hot weather we had, took it out a few days ago, late at night, nice and cool air and it flew.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by ROB1980
Originally Posted by sound_wave' timestamp='1376749433' post='22729614

Agree with this, mine felt down on power in the recent hot weather we had, took it out a few days ago, late at night, nice and cool air and it flew.
I've also noted that too. I put it down to the weather being to hot and the fuel. It certainly flies when it's cooler. I only use std unleaded..
Old 08-17-2013, 11:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[/quote]
Mine was the same until I fitted Password Snorkel into the OEM airbox & filter. It made a big difference to the way it performs. No hesitation in very hot weather and it flew up Mont Ventoux in a gear high than last year. Fuel consumption has also improved.

Quick Reply: why does my s feel sluggish...sometimes