UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Who has the tattiest front bumper?

Old 11-12-2009, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mistress Quickly,Nov 11 2009, 05:17 PM
No idea, maybe because they are this sort of barfly? In which case I can see why you are not complaining.

(Sorry darkin, I couldn't help ing at the picture your wording conjured up in my head and this is the sensible main forum so I am probably going to get told off.)

Old 11-12-2009, 03:53 AM

Before having it resprayed my bumper looked like it had a bad case of the pox. I've now had VentureShield applied, I'm hoping this stops it occuring again.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:58 AM

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

Well seeing ur bumper mistress, i feel so much better about mine now its no where near as bad as yours.

Erm the old tailgater comment i have theory the the closer u follow the more likely the stones are to go underneath, how about that?

I know a man with a Range Rover who sits feet from the car in front and is totally chip free, very annoying

How do the washy poilish brigade keep their cars so chip free?

Old 11-12-2009, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by CHIPPO,Nov 12 2009, 08:58 PM
Well seeing ur bumper mistress, i feel so much better about mine now its no where near as bad as yours.

Erm the old tailgater comment i have theory the the closer u follow the more likely the stones are to go underneath, how about that?
Glad the state of my bumper has made you feel better CHIPPO.

As I tried to explain earlier, my front lip is pock-marked with stone chips but not as we know them. The mobile operator messed up and and the paint he applied has a very tenuous grip to the lip.

Actually I think on an organised S2000 run one does tend to follow the car in front closer than one would a random in normal traffic?

I don't like to lead but I love following people who I know and trust. TINTOP has lead for me miles and we did North Wales and the Evo triangle together. I followed AE all the way to Italy and back. I love following lovegroova, High Side, Sti Vi and others on the Ricky run. It was fantastic being close behind Gritty on his Dales meet. For me there is always that element of not wanting to let the young guns think that the grandmother can't keep up.

We often drive single-track roads with loose surfaces and small stones have hit me in the face let alone my bumper. I have heard Bada lament in the past about the toll runs take on your bumper but I would not have it any other way.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:24 AM

I am going to have to pass the mantle for the tattiest front bumper on.

The guys in the bodyshop told me that the mobile chap would not want to touch my lip again but I called him anyway. He came to have a look and immediately offered, very good-humouredly, to do it again free of charge. He has even touched in all the stone chips on my bonnet without me asking him to. No need for my S to be worried about her smile anymore.

I have found in business that if something goes wrong it is the way that it is dealt with that counts. Nobody's perfect, the best policy is to accept that you have messed up with good grace and do your best to put things right to your customer's satisfaction. Thanks to Steve Jones of County Smart Repairs, Barkingside, a nice friendly person who I have warmed to even more now.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bloody road salt all over the errr, road now, more crud to chip my bumper with, grr!