UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Who has gone from S to DC5 or the other way round?

Old 04-02-2007, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heres my friends modded dc5 with pretty much all the mugen bits you can get

Old 04-02-2007, 08:55 AM

Mark you would be a hero in these parts (Dewsbury/Bradford) with
your choice of motors

Respect... Russ
Old 04-02-2007, 09:35 AM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Well... Its a close call, I remember posting a thread about the two a few months back.

You should have taken our silver one for a spin before we sold it!
Old 04-02-2007, 10:30 AM

I think in general FWD cars feel more thrashable because they are more forgiving when you consider that understeer is more forgiving than oversteer for john public.

As such you can have more fun with the DC5 in terms of going fast on the street in more conditions than the S. The S is always going to demand more attention but that's the fun in RWD isn't it?

As far as speed goes, I think they are about dead equal in most practical situations.

The S is simply more "exotic" in more respects (Front mid engine, balance, 9000K, roadster etc. etc. etc.) and to me, the DC5 is a bit "boy racer" in appearance. I've driven one and it really does not feel as special as the S.

But since you've done the S thing, give the DC5 a go.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:57 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RUSS 41 H,Apr 2 2007, 05:55 PM
Mark you would be a hero in these parts (Dewsbury/Bradford) with
your choice of motors

Respect... Russ
LOL I know what you mean.

But to as a retort, I dont know many chav's or boy racers driving Evo 8's

In fact, a lot of people say the Evo is chav but I have never (and I mean that) seen a molested one as per the Impreza. I reckon I see 1 Evo a fortnight, and often an early one with no tweaks!

DC5 isnt chav either, too rare and the wide boys dont know what they are
Old 04-02-2007, 11:00 AM
MB

Mugen, looks like it even has MF10's - he still hasn't cleaned his engine bay though!

Si, where be thy thread?

Trinis, I agree but not sure I find the image toooo boy racer. The main one being that most people wouldnt know what it was. Im used to having to cope with a big spoiler

I just really like its compact size and I really like the styling. Its a long way off a CTR too which is nice.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:23 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark,Apr 2 2007, 06:57 PM
I have never (and I mean that) seen a molested one as per the Impreza.
Come to Somerset. Absolutely stuffed with them. Take a look at South West Performance Car website, or come to the South West Festival of Motoring in Taunton Soon (S2KUK will have a prescence), there will be a few I guarantee it.

Anyhow, I'm surprised at you canvassing opinion on here Mark - you seem do have very definate ideas on things, as I do

I love the DC5 and I've owned a tuned Imprezza, as you know. If it wasn't for Karen I would never have entertained an S2000, just didn't get the idea at all.
All became clear once I sized up the handling, the sun came out, and met a few guys on here. Just having a club following like this speaks volumes. Everyone I have met is surprisingly 'normal' - not the average owners club. It would be very hard to detach from it all now

In fact, it would be nice to have a few beers with you sometime. I always enjoy reading your posts and your 'diplomatic' replies to some rather tricky threads!

Buy another S, and charge it.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:59 AM
MB

Thanks! A pint is welcome any time

Maybe Dorset needs chaving up a bit by the sounds of things There are loads of old Civics / Impeza's etc, but harldy any Skylines or Evo's. Good for me

I agree on the owners club, its small enough to feel welcome and most are on the same "anti neon lights" type wavelength

On a different note, I picked up my Audi 100 beater tonight and it like a weight lifted from my shoulders Its actually in good nick too.

No more worry about parking dents or vandalism for me. Just read 3 nasty vandalism threads on the MLR, and one attempted car jacking

Pictures to come.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:01 PM
UK Trader

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

[QUOTE=m1bjr,Apr 2 2007, 07:23 PM]

Buy another S, and charge it.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:07 PM
MB

Ah, I do remember reading that, Si. Very good info. Wish id had a go, but guess it had gone before you S/C'd the S2000...

Quick Reply: Who has gone from S to DC5 or the other way round?