UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Who is at fault? If anyone...

Old 07-05-2005, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes but she now saying that i pulled in the space then came out again!
Its utter bull and sounds it, but if they believe her some how it might look like my fault ???
I mean why would I park then unpark then park in the same place again ??

Oh and my passager cant be a witness..
Old 07-05-2005, 05:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rahula,Jul 5 2005, 02:18 PM
that would be me!
Old 07-05-2005, 05:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My first impression, having read your description of what happened is that it's a 50/50 job (maybe 60/40 in your favour). Yes, she should have checked all was clear before reversing out, and ditto you should have checked it was clear before you reversed/rolled backwards.

It's hard to determine who hit whom as neither car was stationary. Rather than a head on collision, this was one of those rare end on jobs ...
Old 07-05-2005, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Shiskine,Jul 5 2005, 02:30 PM
My first impression, having read your description of what happened is that it's a 50/50 job (maybe 60/40 in your favour). Yes, she should have checked all was clear before reversing out, and ditto you should have checked it was clear before you reversed/rolled backwards.

It's hard to determine who hit whom as neither car was stationary. Rather than a head on collision, this was one of those rare end on jobs ...
Failure to observe by both parties, I'm fairly sure the insurance will go for 50:50 no matter what she says.

The silly cow has shot both of you in the foot by reporting it, what an idiot.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ruckus,Jul 5 2005, 02:29 PM
Yes but she now saying that i pulled in the space then came out again!
Its utter bull and sounds it, but if they believe her some how it might look like my fault ???
I mean why would I park then unpark then park in the same place again ??

Oh and my passager cant be a witness..
How does she know what you did? She obviously wasn't looking behing her or the incident wouldn't have happened.

Let's get this straight - she saw you pull into a parking space then reverse out back behind her and then decided to reverse into you - load of bollocks. Take her to the cleaners mate
Old 07-05-2005, 05:46 AM

Exactly. If she saw what you were doing why did she hit you? She clearly wasn't looking.

I am sure if you "embelished" the damage to yours in some way she would soon scarper.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She can say that you drove into the space & then reversed out but unless there are witnesses then she's screwed. If you did as you said you did then you're ok on that point.

As i see it you were still faffing about getting into a space close to where i would be reversing out to....what would i do? Wait until you had finished poncing about & then reversed out. Tell her to shove it & fight the insurers through your own. Don't accept blame & be a bit stroppy with your insurers telling them her story is bollocks & 'demanding' that you aren't blamed for it. I did this years ago & it worked a treat.

Ed
Old 07-05-2005, 05:50 AM

Yeah I would have called it 50:50 and bunged her a few quid to keep it under the insureance radar. But now shes has gone and reported it I'm going to push for it being her fault totally.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:54 AM

having offered her any cash would have suggested that you were to blame and reading the damage to her car it might have been a bit much. She was silly to report it but as most have already said I too am confident it will either be no fault or at worst 50/50.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:58 AM
rpd

She is pulling out onto moving traffic in affect - its up to her to make sure the road is clear, sound's like she didn't recheck her mirrors when reversing out.

As for you reversing back, well you still should have right of way because you are on the road - there are many spaces where you come in at the wrong angle and have to reverse back in order to get into the space - this is where 4 wheel steering comes in handy!!!

On another note from insurance companies, a chap in the office had to make a claim after a truck crashed into the back of him, they offered him a cash settlement to fix his car and avoid the process of making a claim for personal injuries - he didn't take the offer but it would not of shown up as a claim!

Quick Reply: Who is at fault? If anyone...