UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Who else hates car parks?

Old 10-28-2010, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Who else hates car parks?

come back to my car the other day after leaving it on works car park, and some nice person has left me a nice scratch on the passenger side rear panel, im not a happy bunny as it wont t - cut out, its gone quite deep and its rather noticable. Is there anyone or anything my fellow s2k-ers can recommend other than have the panel re-sprayed?

p.s who else hates car- parks?
Old 10-28-2010, 06:18 AM
tej

I hugely hate parking my cars in public car parks. Good thing about the TVR is that fibreglass body doesn't get dented... Bad thing about it is its ridiculously expensive to repair and rather than a dent you often end up with a chip in the paint!! I found one on one of the doors the other day and the car has literally only been bay parked once since I've owned it!

Similar to when I first bought my S2000, only the first or second time I had it parked somewhere in public I found a scuff on (what was previously) an immaculate rear bumper and looked as though it had been that way for the last 10 years!! TYPICAL!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:25 AM

I dont think people tend to care whether they hit a car when they are getting in/out anymore and the spaces appear to be getting smaller its not good at all
Old 10-28-2010, 06:30 AM

Often sit on Richmond Green on my lunch break at work, and have witnessed so many people bump into cars whilst reverse parking, only to shrug their shoulders and drive off or just blatently ignore it.

Think this is where my habit of parking as far away as possible from other cars comes from

Hope you get it sorted soon with minimum hassle
Old 10-28-2010, 06:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine's been hit three times at work in the last two years Both front and rear (twice) bumpers.

In the past with other cars I've had shopping trolley's, cash and carry barrows left to run into my car whilst I was parked (one guy even said "it looks like a company car, so no harm eh mate"). I've also had a brand new car keyed, and a small child repeatedly hit the side of my car with a door, as he was too thick to work to the reason it wouldn't open far enough was the big blue solid object parked next to his Dad's car

So in summary, yes I fecking hate car parks!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:33 AM

i always make a point of parking in the 'empty' zone ie spaces empty either side and generally a good couple of minutes walk back to the shop......Every time, E V E R Y time i come back some twazzock as parked right next to me, even when there are plenty of other free spaces! WHY IS THIS????
Old 10-28-2010, 06:35 AM
Xd

Originally Posted by gemma86,Oct 28 2010, 02:12 PM
Is there anyone or anything my fellow s2k-ers can recommend other than have the panel re-sprayed?
Depends on how deep it is, if its not breached the lacquer then you can smooth it out else a respray is the only option.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:03 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Sorry to hear it; I don't do car parks.

Honestly, I'd try an 'invisible repair' with a paint kit, before attempting a respray.

Matching metallics can be a nightmare.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:41 AM

the camera ive just ordered for my car which records the road also has a 'passive' record so if it senses movment it starts recording - usefull in case someone backs in and bumps the car !
Old 10-28-2010, 08:03 AM

Hate them with a passion.
Woman at work managed to leave her handbrake loose and her Corsa rolled back and wedged itself on the bonnet of my TVR !
luckily loads of people seen it and security pushed the car off mine so she couldn't do a runner.
Chipped paintwork and scratches. Cost her plenty for the repair.

Other half can't understand why I park miles away from other cars until I point out the scrapes she has on three corners of her car from a-hole drivers using her car as some sort of guide.

Quick Reply: Who else hates car parks?