UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

where is the keyfob reciever within the s2000?

Old 02-24-2004, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where is the keyfob reciever within the s2000?

well my batteries seem to be slowly going in my s2000 and im just wondering where i should be pointing the keyfob when pressing the button to get the best effect. Also what is the range of most people keyfob? I have the standard honda cat 1 alarm... my range is 5cms lol or pressed up against glass or windscreen... please help me asertain whether my keyfob is crippled!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:06 PM

Range is about 3 feet at the most - there doesn't seem to be any particular place to point it, other than at the glass area.

If your remote is not working well, get new batteries sooner rather than later.

I was miles from home once when the remote had enough juice to unlock the car.................

but not enough to deactivate the immobiliser

The correct batteries can be difficult to get hold of, but they are cheap as chips on-line

try Battery Shed (UK)
Old 02-24-2004, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on My03 the alarm unit is in the drivers footwell thats why the range is so sh1te.
I learned today that earlier models used to have a wire aerial that rose from the unit up the door pillar , but they consider this as not now required . there is now a bar contained within the floor mounted box about 5cm long It really doesnt have a chance to perform to todays standards and expectations .

Mine will perform from about 5metres
Old 02-24-2004, 12:50 PM
UK Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Euan,

What is the correct battery?

Cheers,

Chris.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:12 PM

Originally posted by chrisr111
Euan,

What is the correct battery?

Cheers,

Chris.
It depends on what MY you have - I bought a couple of batteries which I thought were correct (as per the manual I or something on the forum) and they turned out to be the wrong size.

My MY02 (UK car) hasa 9V, 10 A battery called a L 1022.

The replacements I got don't have a number on them , but I think you can work it out from the battery shed site (they were only about
Old 02-24-2004, 02:12 PM

You could always try the top gear method of zapping the doors open. Hold the keyfob to your chin and it will open from a further distance
Old 02-24-2004, 10:58 PM

ok guys excuse any mistake as i am replying from a pda in the bath (on hols in new forest.) i wont harp on about salt in washing up liquid anymore (although my entire family are industrial chemists, my dad used to organise the shipping of tanker loads of tepol to be thickened with said thickener , but maybe proctor and gamble use the more expensive thickener (yeah right), any it probably has little effect on paintwork unless it gets trapped between paint and a hard coating like zaino ) anyway i dont wish to be shot down again so i am not interested in reopening that thread, however i do know personally about batteries. the remote is radio linked so it matters little that it is pointed at the car more that it has a clear view of the receiver. my 04 remote works from around 20 yards (to far for my liking as it makes it easier to clone. the holding underneath the chin thing does seem to work although you wont get an expert to agree. if you do buy a new cell (battery means more than one cell linked together) try to get a decent make ,maxell,renata,ray o vac,or even ever ready. avoid the con that is dura***l whenever we have a problem with a cell it is always that make or a 'thursday market chinese special'...(short life leaking etc) i buy in 2025 2016 2012 etc by the thousand and pay around 30-60 p so if aquila or someone wants to buy ten or so to sell on i would do them at cost plus postage ..... oh well back to the suds off to the ferrari garage at lyndhurst today
Old 02-25-2004, 12:23 AM

Originally posted by S2000 0E
however i do know personally about batteries. the remote is radio linked so it matters little that it is pointed at the car more that it has a clear view of the receiver.

Mine works from the study when car in garage - i.e. 2 brick walls, sauna and a load of clutter on garage wall. Can't open boot from study!
[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2000 0E
Old 02-25-2004, 04:07 AM

Another good place for batteries is:

http://www.batteriesgalore.co.uk/

I have a spare battery from my 02 fob which has been used about once a month for 12 motnhs if interested let me know.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:13 AM
GSi

Hellfords sell em and can supply you with a tiny screwdriver to get the fob open

Quick Reply: where is the keyfob reciever within the s2000?