UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Where do these MORONS come from?

Old 07-19-2002, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Humm, forgot how much of a hot topic this one was!!!

Just like to clear something up. Yesterday (when the blood was still boiling) I said:
parked my car across two parking spaces in the furthest corner of the car park from anyone/thing. (This is what I normally do and has never caused me any problems before).
This implies that everyday I park my car across two spaces. I don't make a regular habit of this as normally I search for an area that is devoid of lines (ie curved corner of the car park) and park parallel to this so that nobody can park alongside (therefore avoiding the possibility of dents).

Next time I do this I'll be getting another message from the parking staff saying 'Please park in designated parking bays' even though it does no harm and I'm not presenting a problem. In fact I'm creating more space in the car park by parking there!

I agree with you Pete/tnt, I think we should have larger parking bays in this country. The size of cars/4 x 4's has grown and parking facilities haven't grown with them.

Then again if the public transport system wasn't sooo SH*T in this country I wouldn't need to use my car to travel to work and wouldn't be so concerned about parking my car. I'd just have the pleasure of driving it when I wanted........But that's a whole different argument!
Old 07-19-2002, 02:06 AM

Originally posted by ijbarratt
Then again if the public transport system wasn't sooo SH*T in this country I wouldn't need to use my car to travel to work and wouldn't be so concerned about parking my car. I'd just have the pleasure of driving it when I wanted........But that's a whole different argument!
Amen! I think I'll be changing jobs quite soon and will lose my rather nice covered, secure, 5' between each space ( ) carpark. Given the unbelievably shoddy state of public tarnsport in the North West I think either a few hundred quid wreck or a SMART car will join our fold I'm not risking the S in a public wrecking yard (car park). And even worse, I bet the next company even expect me to do some work during the day and not just chat on here 9 'til 5
Old 07-19-2002, 02:12 AM

Originally posted by Tifosi Red

And even worse, I bet the next company even expect me to do some work during the day and not just chat on here 9 'til 5

BUGGER!

Stay where you are Tif!
Old 07-19-2002, 06:28 AM

Tif, does that mean your present employer has a vacancy for a 9-5 job that involves just chatting ?
I might be interested !! Do you need any formal qualifications (eg. a Degree in Zymol )
Old 07-19-2002, 12:35 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Unfortunately, if you own a desirable car in the UK, you can expect any permutation of the following:

Deliberate dents
Keying
Tailgating
Informative advice on notes and memos under your wipers
Being obstructed by self appointed speed enforcers
Regular invitations to race
Lots of advice on your driving
Lots of opinions about your sexuality and parentage
Free gob and other body fluids on your paintwork
Free litter in the interior when the top is down

Have I forgotten anything?

FWIW, I saw the light about a year back. I wrote off my beloved M3 (must post a pic someday). I had some of the experiences above although never any vandalism. All the boy racers worshipped the car. Someone damaged the boot nicking the M3 badge but I suspect that was a schoolkid collector.

Anyway, the answer has to be - two cars! I bought a bug eyed Ford Scorpio estate at auction. Can you see where Subaru nicked the design for the new Impreza now? Inside is world of leather and every gadget imaginable. Outside, scuffs, dents, scatches, the works. The Scorpio can be parked anywhere - I can't remember the last time I washed it, let alone checked it for a dent. The S is never left out of my sight if possible. I also really appreciate the S every time I drive it.

I suppose not everyone can do this but I really recommend it if you can. I think I have the best possible combo - an estate and the S but there may be a better one. Come to think of it a cement mixer would have been useful over the last year.
Old 07-19-2002, 12:47 PM

Originally posted by PWE 896
Fingers, if you've never been to the UK you should know that the spaces in all our parking lots are about 66% of the width you guys enjoy in the US
Point taken; I'm a bit out of my element I suppose
Old 07-23-2002, 04:29 AM

Glad to see another S owner supporting my arguement on Sunday at Box Hill!!!!!

2 space parking

Old 07-23-2002, 04:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ijbarratt
[B]Glad to see another S owner supporting my arguement on Sunday at Box Hill!!!!!

Old 07-23-2002, 04:42 AM

Mr. Doordinger parked after the S!!!!!!!!

And is a member of the board and didn't have his S that day!!

LOL!!!
Old 07-23-2002, 09:36 AM

Originally posted by ijbarratt
Mr. Doordinger parked after the S!!!!!!!!

And is a member of the board and didn't have his S that day!!

LOL!!!
Name and shame

Quick Reply: Where do these MORONS come from?