UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Where do these MORONS come from?

Old 07-18-2002, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The actual morons are the individuals that park 2 spaces in the hope of preventing dents. You are fortunate enough that no damage was caused by these 2 "morons" who parked next to you. Next time you may not be as fortunate.
Old 07-18-2002, 10:53 AM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Strange people in your necks of the woods. When I diagonal parked at Sainsburys somebody liked it so much they left an admiring note under the wiper: "Nice piece of parking, Mate". Honest
Old 07-18-2002, 11:57 AM

Originally posted by potfish
Why do you guys find it necessary to park across 2 spaces when at the remote end of a car park anyway? If it's remote then what's the problem? If it's likely to fill up, well you shouldn't take 2 spaces then. I don't get it.
You'd have thought that parking at the far end of Tesco's carpark at 11.30 at night, when there couldn't be any more than 5-6 other cars in the carpark (and bearing in mind that the carpark probably accommodates 1,000 cars or so) would guarantee no-one coming near the car, wouldn't you?

Wrong. I came out ten minutes later to find that someone had parked right up against the driver's side door of my car, which meant I had to clamber in through the passenger side. People just don't behave rationally at times!!

I'd hazard a guess that that is why some of the posters here park across two bays.......
Old 07-18-2002, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by dslts02
The actual morons are the individuals that park 2 spaces in the hope of preventing dents. You are fortunate enough that no damage was caused by these 2 "morons" who parked next to you. Next time you may not be as fortunate.
Maybe you should read all the posts on the subject before you dive in with the insults?

Here's a quote from just a few posts back....

"Fingers, if you've never been to the UK you should know that the spaces in all our parking lots are about 66% of the width you guys enjoy in the US. It's a nightmare, especially with the current vogue for SUVs here in the UK.

I know that SUVs are popular in the US too, but at least you have the room to park them; here it's Doorbash city

Pete"

The point of parking in a remote area across two spaces is that it usually discourages people from parking right next to you. If you park in a single space, SOMEONE will park within inches next to you, even if there a thousand spaces free. AND it will usually be a f**king SUV (four wheel drive and bull bars used only to take one child to school and fetch the groceries)
Old 07-18-2002, 01:20 PM

Hope this cheers you up...

Old 07-18-2002, 10:09 PM

I still park the same way with my new 4 X 4, old habits are hard to break.

Not all 4 X 4 drivers are inconsiderate
Old 07-18-2002, 11:38 PM

Where does she park then ?
Old 07-19-2002, 12:26 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY
[B]I still park the same way with my new 4 X 4, old habits are hard to break.
Old 07-19-2002, 12:40 AM
tnt

When I owned a mini I always felt there should be a set of car parking spaces set aside for the smaller car.

A few years, quite a few actually , I worked for HP and travelled to the US on a number of occasions. I noticed that there were two sizes of car parking bay with the smaller bay being marked "Compact Cars only" (in English terms: "Compact" means a large family car).

Perhaps that's what we need over here.
Old 07-19-2002, 12:46 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tnt
[B]When I owned a mini I always felt there should be a set of car parking spaces set aside for the smaller car.

Quick Reply: Where do these MORONS come from?