UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Where do these MORONS come from?

Old 07-18-2002, 07:18 AM
tnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted it then read it and felt that I was getting a bit OTT so deleted it. I didn't think that people would have had enough time to read it and respond to it.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:46 AM

tnt, think I did the same and went a bit OTT.

Think I'll be taking the train to work for the next couple of days!
Old 07-18-2002, 08:04 AM
tnt

I was a little concerned that I might get your back up if I let loose and never having met you.

Probably wrong, I know, but best to air on the side of caution and civility. I've seen a number of threads turn into slanging matches and I didn't want this thread to go the same way.
Old 07-18-2002, 08:11 AM

I'd get a bit of card, write the following on it and leave it in the window:

I apologise for taking up 2 spaces, but it's the only way I can stop people denting my car with their doors.

Personally, I don't take up two spaces - but don't car if others do. I will always try and park in a corner spot, or parallel park on the street (although that increases the likelihood of keying ). Why should we have to worry about this ? Why do so many people have so little consideration for other peoples hard earned property ?

Oh well, it's sunny, and it's time to go home
Old 07-18-2002, 08:43 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take a deep breath, put the top down & go for a long sustained (but legal) VTEC blast.

Don't even consider stopping until you are grinning from ear to ear.

Bharat
Old 07-18-2002, 08:55 AM

you never mentioned if the two cars *needed* to park there or were just being A$$es.

If the lot was full when you came out in the afternoon, I'm suprised a note is all you got...
Old 07-18-2002, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fingers, if you've never been to the UK you should know that the spaces in all our parking lots are about 66% of the width you guys enjoy in the US. It's a nightmare, especially with the current vogue for SUVs here in the UK.

I know that SUVs are popular in the US too, but at least you have the room to park them; here it's Doorbash city

Pete
Old 07-18-2002, 09:25 AM

Those drivers were probably related to the DICKHEAD who pulled out on me today at a roundabout on my way home tonight. He then proceeded to stop in my path, look at me then shout slow down.
SLOW DOWN I wasn't even doing over 20 mph as I was in a line of heavy traffic.
He came VERY close to needing a new face
Do we not give way to the right at roundabouts anymore

Am I the only person who feels ALL UK drivers should have to pass a five year refresher course to keep their licence. The quality of driving in this country is simply appalling at times, it makes my blood boil.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good day then Andy?

You're dead right though mate....... the standard is getting worse by the day. Even allowing for the frustrations of the urban crawl, it's clear that some of these people are no longer governed by ANY rules let alone giving way to the right at roundabouts. Have you noticed how often you look to the right at a roundabut and it's clear.... start to drive smartly away and some twat comes screaming from your right into the island (Occassionally it ISN'T a cavalier!!) not having slowed for the island one jot. You usually get their hand fixed to the horn for a full 5 seconds!

There's a 'new breed' of drivers out there too who really pride themselves on this aggressive driving style. I can only see it getting worse.
Old 07-18-2002, 09:47 AM

Why do you guys find it necessary to park across 2 spaces when at the remote end of a car park anyway? If it's remote then what's the problem? If it's likely to fill up, well you shouldn't take 2 spaces then. I don't get it.

potfish

Quick Reply: Where do these MORONS come from?