UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Where do these MORONS come from?

Old 07-18-2002, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do these MORONS come from?

Hi Everyone,

I'm afraid I've got to get this off my chest, it's a big moan and I know that it has been done before on the Mothers and Baby parking thread before.

There is one thing that really bugs me about my S and that's parking it in a safe/undamageable/furthest from anyone - place.

I went to work this morning (rarity that it is but it was 04:30) and parked my car across two parking spaces in the furthest corner of the car park from anyone/thing. (This is what I normally do and has never caused me any problems before). When I returned to my car about 3 hours ago. Two MORONS had decided to park either side of me sooooo close that I couldn't get in the drivers door and only just managed to open the passenger door.

AAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!

Where do these people come from? I also had a note from the car park staff saying "DON'T PARK ACROSS TWO SPACES". Firstly my company probably pays plenty of money to the car park company and if I want to take two spaces I DAMN WELL WILL! Secondly what had I done to deserve this. Why do people not respect other peoples property.

I only managed to get my car out of the spot by opening the passenger door and releasing the handbrake and pushing it out! I've inspected the car and fortunately there appears to be no 'Tesco Dents' (haven't got the magnifying glass out yet ) although god knows how one of the car drivers managed to get out of their car, because the drivers door was right up against mine and the other side was a MX5 also about 6 inches away (must have climbed out their sun roof )

I left a message on one of the cars thanking them for parking so close (perhaps not such a good idea, although it could be from the MX5 owner who will have the same problems as myself).

To make matters worse I called into Farnham on the way home. I couldn't find a parking space so parked on a single yellow line to run round the corner to the shop I wanted to visit (Mistake one). You guessed it - I returned to my car to find a HITLER (sorry traffic warden - hope no members are TW's) writing me a ticket. I said to him 'Just coming to move that mate'. He then began to lecture me on the highway code regarding yellow lines, I nearly said something very rude but managed to bit my tongue. He gave me a verbal warning and told me that my details were now on record and that if I was ever found parking again I'd be fed to the lions So sorry everyone who lives in Farnham or surrounding area I've upset the local traffic warden and he probably has a personal grudge against S2000 owners. (He's equipped with a moped and is very quick to get you!!)

Sorry need to do this again:

AAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

All I can say is thank god I'm only on standby tomorrow (which normally means sit and read this board and do nothing all day). If I get called I'm going to work on the train

Please someone tell me that I'm not the only one that feels like this........

Thank you all..... RANT OVER
Old 07-18-2002, 06:40 AM

Sorry guys, think I might have overdone it with the RANT!!!

Ohh god I'm answering my own posts now!
Old 07-18-2002, 06:44 AM

lol, having a good day there matey
Old 07-18-2002, 06:47 AM

Not really!

(We must go for that beer sometime?)
Old 07-18-2002, 06:47 AM

Think happy thoughts.....

.....fluffy bunnies......
....daffodils......
...Father Christmas.....
....baskets of ickle kittens.....aaahhhh...all cute.....

repeat this mantra over and over, breath deeply with your eyes gently closed - take a niiiiiice calming pill - and...............relax!

There, don't you just feel tingly and good all over?

I bet you just want to run out right now, shake the TW by the hand and thank him for showing you the error of your ways...!
Old 07-18-2002, 06:54 AM

It sounds like you've had a lucky escape
After discussing this with work colleagues the suggestions are
a) get a colleague to park on one side of your car, the other side being the edge of a row (means persuading them to start work at 4:30 )
b) carry a set of cones in the boot to place in the next space! preferably those yellow "Police No Parking" ones - works for me
Old 07-18-2002, 06:56 AM

OK tnt, point taken, but when the car park is never more than 60% full I can't really understand what happened today.

I agree bad parking is very annoying and not very considerate to other people but then so is putting a dent in someones car especially a very nice car like an S2000. Common courtesy works both ways.....
Old 07-18-2002, 06:57 AM

Originally posted by ijbarratt
Not really!

(We must go for that beer sometime?)
Just about to send you a PM as it happens.
Old 07-18-2002, 06:59 AM

Where'd tnt's post go?

It was there a minute ago and has just disappeared?

moor deybe, I'm working on an invention that will encase the S in a impermeable bubble!
Old 07-18-2002, 07:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ijbarratt
[B]AAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!

Quick Reply: Where do these MORONS come from?