UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Wheels replaced out of warranty

Old 10-13-2004, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels replaced out of warranty

Just got my S back from the dealer with a "new" set of wheels and it has passed its warranty period. Why Honda agreed to it I don't know, but they have

My S is a 2000-W Reg and the warranty ran out back in June 2003. The wheels were replaced in Feb 2003, under warranty, but by Oct 2003 they had started to corrode.

Nov 2003, paid visit to dealer, photos taken, warranty claim....or so I thought.

Feb 2004, service and "what about my wheels"....."we don't have any photos sir!
Ok! we will take some more photos and claim again"

Mar to Jul 2004, phone call "Where are my wheels"..."we will ring you back"....not!!

Aug 2004, "Where my wheels??"...."we will ring you back"....not again I thought, but they did and this time I spoken to the General Manager. "It seems that the photos we had taken were not of good quality and Honda have asked us to take some more"......another drive to the dealer, through Hemel-Magic roundabout, click-click photos taken, back to work.

Sept 2004, "Where my wheels " to the GM this time (avoiding service department)....."I will ring you back"....not again,again,again I thought....but he did and said "Honda have refused to replace them"...
"However, I will talk to them personnally and I think this is not on"..at least the GM was on my side....or was he???? He also mentioned the all parts replaced come with a 3 year waranty. Does this apply to warranty replaced parts...I don't know!!

2 days later dealer calls "Honda have agreed to replace you wheels".....

I couldn't believe my ears, in the early months I almost gave up pestering my dealer to get it sorted. Also, thought I might have to take on Honda UK under the sales of goods act etc.
Although my dealer, Hemel Braylake, kept making mistakes and not keeping me informed of what was going on, they did get there in the end thanks to their GM (seemed a nice guy) and my persistance. If you are reading this Braylake, you could have performed better.

To all you other fantastic S owners with corroded wheels, don't give up trying. If my new set corrode again, which they probably will, I will still claim again even though it is well and truely out of warranty.

All I need to do now is keep away from the kerbs this time
Old 10-13-2004, 07:06 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what i'm going thru right now.

First attempt - no we won't do it.

So on the phone all the time to honda uk quoting this and that.

Today i get a phone from dealership - can we take some more pictures, better quality.

Looks like new wheels will shortly be in the post.

Just keep grinding the bastards down