UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Wheels In Motion

Old 01-18-2009, 03:18 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Ajs_s2k' date='Jan 17 2009, 11:10 PM
Steven, your car must go like a shit off a shovel?!, with the reduced weight and those 'Endless' list of tasty mods
A chrome shovel that's been nano-polished.

The lower gearing makes a difference. So does the fan on the front.

Rides surprisingly well too. Which of course is good for the handling.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:23 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by eSeM' date='Jan 18 2009, 10:35 AM
...Looking at what was changed .... the Camber was decreased both front and rear. Caster was increased on the front and Toe was decreased on the rear.

With the 10kg reduction in weight I get from the Wilwood brakes the steering on my car felt light even before CG increased the camber on the front. With the changes above the steering now feels a little heavier and I am happy with that...
The two tend to go together; increase camber, you need to reduce castor a bit.

But too little castor makes the car a tad wayward on the pubic highway, so with the Wilwoods, setting the castor toward the upper end might put back the weight.

Since there isn't a knob to dial-out a bit of EPS, which would be nice!
Old 01-18-2009, 03:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi, nice looking car you have there, which wing is it? mugen or seibon?
Old 01-18-2009, 06:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's great to hear such a positive review of WIM. I have been planning to go to them next month for a new set of F1 asymmetrics and a geo setup so this is music to my ears!
Old 01-18-2009, 07:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job!

Steve - have you ever corner weighted it?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain_Liu' date='Jan 18 2009, 12:44 PM
which wing is it? mugen or seibon?
It is a Mugen wing, though the Seibon one is almost identical.

Steve - have you ever corner weighted it?
Not yet
Old 01-18-2009, 11:51 PM

Good review and great picture of your car eSeM.

On a more serious note your wing mirrors seem to be out of alinement!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:02 AM

Got mine booked in at WIM on Saturday 31st at 9am

Been very impressed with their (Tony's) response to my email questions.

I will add my own experience with them later.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:34 AM

Hi all

I thought I'd add my experiences with WIM to this thread...

I've been having experiencing tramlining since I had new rear tyres fitted a couple of weeks ago (its all in another thread...). So I arranged to go down today on eSeM's advice, got there earlier than anticipated, car was up on the ramps straight away. Pretty much every setting showed up red... and then the process of adjustment began all was explained as the necessary changes were made... Less than an hour later car was ready and I drove out with with all of the OEM Honda settings applied...

On the drive home, the tramlining has gone javascript:emoticon('') , so thats really good news.

I was told to take it easy for the first few miles as the car will feel different... and its true the car feels very different, even from before the tramlining. There's a lot more feedback than before, the bad news is that I'm now able to feel the sidewalls flexing on the Toyos (that was a few miles later...), so I put a little more air in... I now understand why some of you guys run them at 36 psi...

Basically I pretty much had the same experience as eSeM even down to the coffee machine tokens javascript:emoticon('') and so for the price I can definitely recommend WIM...

BTW, thanks eSeM for the advice....
Old 01-21-2009, 11:34 AM

Hello,

I had a new set of asymmetrics and a geo setup at WIM this afternoon and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Once the initial readings were taken Tony was able to list straight away the problems that had brought me there in the first place; "does it pull to the right and does it feel vague at speed?". The geo was set to Honda specs with the offer of a FOC tweak if I felt they were not as aggressive as I'd like. All very professional.
Afterwards a new set of nitrogen filled asymmetrics were fitted via the WIM sister company Blackboots, all on the same premises, at very competitive prices.

After an hour of motorway on the way home to scrub in I hit my usual Hampshire back roads was amazed at the difference. How much is down to the new tyres and how much to the new geometry I do not know, but I should have gone there when I first bought the car and saved myself a few pant wetting incidents.

Quick Reply: Wheels In Motion