UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Wheels....?

Old 01-02-2011, 03:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my oz superleggeras will becoming off when i sell my car 18" and black; been an awesome set of wheels.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Jan 2 2011, 09:41 AM
JDM BBS are the best S2000 wheels ever

All the alternatives are horrible bar the OEM 17s which are ok.

More importantly, what happened to the old car?

And how is your ASBO/MILF count?
somebody remembered the ASBO/MILF count

I sold my old S2 to help with starting a garage about a year and a half ago, sadly the new owner wanted the stickers removed but kept everything else.

I dont know why but I just dont the jdm wheels, I do fancy a set of OEM ones but been looking on ebay for the past month and nothing is really coming up.

I really did not know the BBS LM's were a heavy wheel

so at least it can be narrowed down to the oem wheels the blitz 01's or the Work VS wheels.

Anyone know where to find any of the above lol
Old 01-02-2011, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by tej,Jan 2 2011, 09:36 AM
Advan RGIIs

But for a silver car maybe get them in gun metal

Otherwise the BBS LMs
I dont know why but these wheels never really jumped out at me, I think there is a set for sale on PH for 550 with rubber but I really want a set of 2 piece wheels, we are all different and thats what makes the world such a great place
Old 01-02-2011, 04:44 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to have BBS LMs...theyre the best forged split rims available for any car. I only changed as i needed wheels to accommodate a BBK. The fact that F1 teams use their rims speaks volumes for the company. My second choice is the JDM BBS

LMs for the win

Old 01-02-2011, 05:44 AM

^Sex.....

Are those the rays wheels nuts with the funny hex head?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:19 AM

i used to have LMs on my old silverstone, and at the time they were the one wheel I lusted after ever since first seeing them, and at the time I loved them.

for me now however LMs just dont float my boat, they are gorgeous wheels, but maybe its because of the huge influx of the VW boys rolling the reps that has ruined them for me.

out of the bunch the Works VS XX really do it for me, I know they are a similar style to the LMs, but they just work better for me.

im also a huge fan of advan RG`s
Old 01-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Guzzie,Jan 2 2011, 02:44 PM
^Sex.....

Are those the rays wheels nuts with the funny hex head?
Yep; Rays Formula lug nuts
Old 01-02-2011, 08:09 AM

I was in a similar situation when I bought my s2000, I liked the stock 07 wheels but wanted to personalise my car a little so decided on changing my wheels. I used to have BBS LM's on my old car and thought I'd get them again for the S but after doing some research I found out that they only come in sizes and offsets that look good and fit the S2000 in 18's and I really did not want to fit 18's so gave up on having LM's. 17 inch Lm's will go on an S2000 but unless you get them in 8x17 and 9x17 with a 35 offset the dish on the rims are too small and they just don't look right, and then even if you do get them in 8/9x17 et35 you end up having to roll the arches, run too much camber etc just to get them to fit right.
The S2000 isn't blessed with a huge amount of power and Torque but due to it's suspension it can really exploit what it has got so the last thing I wanted to do was fit heavy wheels that would sap power, increase the unsprung weight and compramise the handling. I decided in the end that light weight Japanese wheels in sizes similar to stock(with a little more agressive offsets than stock for that arch filling look) was the way forward. I ended up buying these from Japan
Old 01-02-2011, 09:39 AM

p800bry I Would have the SE37's in a heartbeat but finding them in the UK is near enough impossible, I love those wheels but i came to the realisation that if I wanted a set I would have to import them or buy new which I really cant justify at this point...

Can I ask the sizes on yours they look great! I would have to get them in bronze though
Old 01-02-2011, 01:44 PM

I would stay with the BBSs 16''.

OEM offsets, lightest wheels you can get on an S2K (i am not talking crazy $$ here) and very very good looking.

I do agree about the small variety on tires tho. Thats a bugger

After that i would go OEM 17.

Good luck with the choice.

Quick Reply: Wheels....?