UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

What YOU have done to your car!

Old 11-28-2004, 05:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What YOU have done to your car!

Today i thought i would clean the car, got all the stuff out i use, jet wash, buckets and sponges started to rinse it off with the jet wash and the end of the hose came flying off at speed towards the car, could not do a thing about it, smacked straight into the passenger door near the wing mirror dented it and landed on the floor.

what a sh1te thing to do, pressure from the water made it come out really fast.

now have a new addition to the car A BIG DENT not happy but bugger all i can do, anybody any advice on using a dent repair company local to cambridge? i used one once and all he did was put more dents in the car so it hid the first dent.

i know things happen but my car was almost dent free, and i would be interested to see what others have done in error.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing to the S (yet).

I did once manage to rip the front bumper of a Polo while misjudging a reverse entry through the gateway to my office car park
Old 11-28-2004, 05:38 AM

My last S was locked away in the garage & one day went to go for a drive, opened the garage door and resting on my wing was my golf clubs

I had not put them on the work surface with a lack of attention, that cost me 300 quid

One learns by ones mistakes
Old 11-28-2004, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by hazdjc,Nov 28 2004, 03:38 PM
I had not put them on the work surface with a lack of attention, that cost me 300 quid
Should of sold the golf clubs to pay for it, problem solved and it would never of happend again!
Old 11-28-2004, 06:34 AM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

opened my drivers door onto a plantpot while fitting a fecking handsfree device to stop plod pulling me over.. wish i'd have just waited for the fine. would be cheaper!

Old 11-28-2004, 06:48 AM

Saved
Old 11-28-2004, 07:10 AM

My parents had parked up down at the beach to take the dogs for a walk - as they walk along the high tide mark my Dad spots an old plastic kitchen sink lying upside down in the seaweed - very windy day - thinking there might be something underneath it he nudges up the sink with his foot, at which point the wind gets underneath it and sends it blowing 50 yards along the beach into...............

the front wing of the car

(damage fixed in combination with another silly incident 6 months later for which insurance claim made, but that's anther story as they say)
Old 11-28-2004, 07:18 AM

Somehow managed to reverse down the side of the house in my Mini with the drivers door wide open. The door had never opened so far before!
Old 11-28-2004, 07:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The old man reversed over the old dear once ... she was footering about out of sight attending to a flower bed. As he swung the car round to reverse out the gate, the wing doinked her on the head and he ran over her foot with the n/s/f tyre.

Fecking wing was a mess !!

Seem to recall he cooked his own tea that night ...

Getting back on topic, I lobbed a fag out the driver's window of the S (litter lout, I know) and the airflow sucked it into the gap between the soft top and the rear wing. Fortunately spotted it smouldering away at an Opti fill up minutes later. Has left a wee burn mark on the roof but thankfully below line of the bodywork. Another good reason, as if one were needed, to pack in the weed ...

Shiskine
Old 11-28-2004, 08:01 AM

Drove over a low kerb while manouvering and dented the sill panel - it looked like I'd put the car in a ditch but 'only'

Quick Reply: What YOU have done to your car!