UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.
View Poll Results: If you could have your dream car.
Continue paying off depts?
26.19%
Save for your house?
14.29%
Continue travelling round world diving?
2.38%
Get in more dept and have your childhood dream car?
57.14%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

What would you do?

Old 12-13-2004, 01:09 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Dec 12 2004, 05:03 PM
btw, what departments do you have to pay off?
The Personnel one!

What is this Ian - a comprehension test?

I'd get into debt over property, so long as it was timed to let inflation pay it off. Remember property has doubled in value each decade for the past century. (Roughly!)

A
Old 12-13-2004, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go for the dream... but you want one of these...

Old 12-13-2004, 02:07 AM

I was slightly drunk when done the poll lads do lol and suprised it actually came out right for a change

Still for sale as waiting to hear back about its past and service history.

I would def get into debt for a house as it is an investment in the long run.
Will spend most of the day surfing for houses etc and see whats going on in the market, probably going up still
Old 12-13-2004, 03:39 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

pissed at 8.22pm?
Old 12-13-2004, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Dec 13 2004, 12:39 PM
pissed at 8.22pm?
You aint be out with myself and mates then, usually start at opening time when having a good drinking session
Think i was home getting changed for the night
Old 12-13-2004, 04:24 AM

It really is 'what makes you tick', some people aren't the slightest bit fussed about cars, but spend all their money on horses etc.

Buy the car, lifes too short, whats it up for
Old 12-13-2004, 07:13 AM
Banned

If cars really 'float your boat', then go for the car, you can always sell cars pretty quickly anyway if the ownership experience isn't what it's cracked up to be. Also if you buy the right car at the right price, you might make a few quid or break even. I just try and buy cars that allows me to retain as much of my capital as possible when it comes to re-sale.
Tuscan and 993 prices are pretty steady imo and as long as you don
Old 12-13-2004, 07:58 AM

I think I concurr with Jo....you've had the S2000 and bought the T-shirt so to speak...If your current area is too pricey any chance of relocating to a cheaper area where you can get on the ladder?

Rarely is life so simple 'cause I'd relocate away from the South-East if it were an option but I am tied to the job? Perhaps your skills are more portable and could go pretty much anywhere in the country

I'd not get into debt over a car. It won't be long before the shit hits the fan anyway and then a car like a 993 will be hard to sell and everyone will be off loading their luxuries/debt millstones like their life depended on it

Sit on your cash.........weight for the crash and get in there and get on the property ladder

Take comfort in the fact that most people drive around in cars they don't own, houses they are mortaged to the hilt over....wallets bursting with credit cards they pay minimums on and sit on sofas they aint even begun to start paying for yet

DO NOT GET THE CAR, KEEP YOUR CASH SAFE
Old 12-13-2004, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Subaru2000,Dec 13 2004, 04:13 PM
Why not stretch a little further and get the 996
Dont like the 996 as it has the w@nk boxster nose on it, thats when i stopped liking the 911 so 993 and before are the true 911's.

Cant really re-locate as the pay would be worse then what i am on already investigated that route as hate my job.
If i moved to different town where prices are down then the savings will be more then lost in travel expenses.
I tried it for two weeks when house sitting and filled the car up every couple of day's instead of weeks like now.

there are 1-2 bedroom houses around for under 140k some even under 120k but no joy on mortage thou and all in Milton keynes and leighton buzzard.
Even if i had no debts on the quick calculators and 35 year fixed rate i can only borrow 58k so need 40k income to get 150k.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Dec 12 2004, 12:57 PM
any woman interested in you for the car isn't worth more than a shag

and you can get a LOT of shags without buying a Porsche

three drinks is about the norm IME, for an easy lay

so if shagging is your priority, spend the money going out and pulling

Well said that man !

Simmo - there's lots of 'doom and gloom' about the housing market - but how does that help you ? In short it'll just stop you making the jump from renting to buying.

I'd save over the winter, and maybe relocate slightly, well out of the very expensive bits, and buy something in Spring. Get your finances sorted out, ie rent a room out to help pay the mortgage and work out how to buy the car !

The reason I'm selling my S is purely to save up a bit of cash for the dream car next Spring. Life far too short to not to be able to drive something special !

Quick Reply: What would you do?