UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

What type of reaction do you get?

Old 11-30-2003, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of nice comments; usually young lads (a bit disturbing).

Is the S the new teenage car pin up?

In the Lakes a couple of weeks ago, all shiny, loads of waves;
Old 11-30-2003, 01:10 PM

Nice Pics Cav.

I used to do a lot of sailing at Ullswater before my health got the better of me, quite fancy a drive over there when the weather improves
Old 11-30-2003, 01:16 PM
ADP

lots of people dont know what it is, Im sure some think its an RX 8.

parked down by a load of bars last night whilein the video shop, lots of people were looking at it/in it as I was in there
Old 11-30-2003, 01:19 PM
ADP

Oh and Craig, what happend?? sorry guess youve been asked a million times but Im still curious
Old 11-30-2003, 01:58 PM

Had an Asian guy in ASDA car park come over and ask if is wife could take a pic of him sat in the car. Couldn't say no.

God knows why you'd be wondering round ASDA car park with a camera.
Old 11-30-2003, 10:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by ADP
Oh and Craig, what happend?? sorry guess youve been asked a million times but Im still curious
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...ghlight=pothole
Old 11-30-2003, 11:02 PM

I was sat outside a clients on the phone when 6 lads stopped and started looking at the car, with me still in it they walked around it saying things like "Its one of those s2000s". Now at first I was a little, only a little worried as they looked quite street wise. So I finished my conversation and got out and said "Alright lads, how are you" and they were great asking questions about the hard top, making comments about top gear etc. Now I dont think youd get that with a Z4 or a Boxter as there are too many around.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:48 PM
Xd

When I was driving a Z4 around I got a number of positive comments, mind you this was over three months ago whilst the car was still rare, one farmer pulled up in his Jag asked me if it was a six litre.

The S has always had a positive response, we occasionally get kids hanging around the back of our flats to light up their spliffs, one commented to me "nice car, looks like the bat mobile, how much was it, whats its top speed?"
Old 12-01-2003, 12:08 AM

One of the postmen who deliver to us spent 10 minutes recently eyeing up the car when it was parked on the drive and talking to Jenny about it - he knew what it was and what it could do, and said it was by far and away the nicest car on his round

He came back last week to deliver a parcel and, as the car was in the garage, made a point of asking Jenny where it was He also asked whether she had seen the Top Gear episode with the S2000 in and then to tell her at length about how he had once met Jezza Clarkson!

I had another similar instance a few weeks ago. I had just parked up at B&Q and was walking towards the store when a middle-aged woman walking the opposite me said "What a wonderful motor car - I'm very envious"!
Old 12-01-2003, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

MT pulled in B&Q!!!

Quick Reply: What type of reaction do you get?