UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

What did you get your S2k for Christmas?

Old 12-25-2001, 01:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What did you get your S2k for Christmas?

Due to a thoughtfull Dad my S2000 now has a set of Fiamm's awaiting installation

What did your baby get for Christmas?

-Brian.
Old 12-25-2001, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been very generous to my Stook this Xmas,
1) Private plate - S200C AP
2) Lucid's Rear Speaker Panels with 4" Alpines

Very pleased with both of the above
Anthony
Old 12-25-2001, 05:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

white high beam bulbs and hopefully some Spoon bits and bobs (only things that are easy to fit)
Old 12-25-2001, 06:21 AM

Some Porterfield Pads due for installation and testing on 27th, courtesy of biker1.
Old 12-25-2001, 04:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Kobe
white high beam bulbs and hopefully some Spoon bits and bobs (only things that are easy to fit)

Richard,

how was your Christmas in Japan? Did you work or take the time off? Off all next week?

If you don't mind sharing..... What bulbs did you get? Where they easy to fit? Are they worth changing? What was the cost?

thanks

James
Old 12-25-2001, 10:07 PM

James

- full 2 weeks off watching a suitcase full of DVD's imported from China. Just finished watching Star Wars with full volume - it's my son's copy!!

I was at Honda Verno and noticed they had the bright beam bulbs on display - so I asked them to fit some - 6000yen all in and no scratched hands,. They are OSRAM brand - 55w = 100w blurb on the packet. In terms of brightness - well now it hurts your eyes looking directly at them - where as I don't remember the pain before - so my assumption is they are much brighter - they are certainly whiter too.

They often have a bag full of S2000 in the service area at Verno so I always have a quick look at them, they were just preparing a white/red 2002 model for delivery, so the dealer showed me all the changes. I'm a bit fed up that all the things I don't like about my car are fixed on the 2002 model. To console myself I then ordered the clear side repeaters and the second horn to at least give mine a twin tone - I think airhorns might not get the desired effect in Kobe.

I am really surprised that the 5 spoke wheels have subtly changed - why do that, change the mold/casting just for a small detail. I would like to know the reason for that.

I'm having to be careful on how much I spend and upgrade - the S2000 was meant to be a controlled spend (if that's possible for a sportscar)- as opposed to a an old 911 or 328 money pit. Generally speaking even factory fitted options carry little to the resale value let alone Carlos Fandango extra wide wheels. (Remember the Hamlet ad)

I think I will get a few spoon ornaments for the engine because these can be easily swapped and kept as souvenirs to remember the car by in later years - and I bet a Spoon carbon fibre CAI can be easily sold on separately.
Old 12-26-2001, 01:31 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Anthony
[B]I have been very generous to my Stook this Xmas,
Old 12-26-2001, 01:33 AM

Originally posted by Kobe
[B]James

- full 2 weeks off watching a suitcase full of DVD's imported from China. Just finished watching Star Wars with full volume - it's my son's copy!!/B]
Kobe,
Did you get these from over the internet? As trying to find somewhere that does really cheap DVD's?

Sorry going off the topic slightly
Anthony
Old 12-26-2001, 03:52 AM

Anthony,

Sorry I don't have any recommendation for really cheap DVD's for UK, if I buy from Internet I get from dvdboxoffice.com as it is free postage anywhere in the world and the prices are OK but shipping time is long - but these will be wrong video format for UK TV's - even if you have a chipped DVD player it also needs to convert from NTSC to a PAL for the video signal - which even when done with a digital convertor reduces the quality somewhat. What's neat is that UK and Japan have the same region coding - and so my son can what English DVD's on his computer since you don't have the video signal issue (Japan is also NTSC) and if you are exporting from amazon.co.uk you don't pay VAT.

The problem is that DVD's are massively overpriced compared to the manufacturing cost - so there is a huge market in Asia for freelance producers, since local wages are so low - nobody can afford to buy a real DVD - it's like the duty free cigs market in UK, everybody knows somebody who can get some and nobody really bothers too much. This is not available on internet - you have to walk down an alley in one of the big cities like Beijing or Shanghai and search around a bit - they were even selling them in front of the American Embassy. What's strange is that they have movies which have not hit the cinemas yet - and they are not crappy copies made with a camcorder in the cinema, these are professionally ripped.
Old 12-26-2001, 12:39 PM

Back to the topic, I got my black beauty some nice new shoes - porterfeild RS4 light race/street pads
oh and gave her a nice bath...

Quick Reply: What did you get your S2k for Christmas?