UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

What a day

Old 05-16-2004, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a day

Glorious sunny day so went and did about 100 miles on various A and B roads around oxfordshire.

Then washed the car so it is gleaming.

Then took the lid off the airbox for the first time. Wish i'd done it sooner, what a great noise. Then another hour driving around seeking out bridges and underpasses to drive under.

Went to Somerfield, only to find it shut for the day. However, this did mean the car park was empty. So had a go at doing a donut for the first time. Seriously good fun.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a damn good day! I spent mind hunched over a jugsaw, some MDF and my boot - but it will all be worth while when SM5 is here in a fortnight
Old 05-16-2004, 10:18 AM

Really brings home how cool these cars are, Ive just got into work (12 hours of sunday night slog, ugh ) and only had to be here for 7PM, left home at 4, and im only 15 minutes from the place!!

Had an excellent cruise, im also starting with the whole getting the back end out, its not as controlable as the RX7 was, its more snappy, but still perfectly controlable in most circumstances.
Have to do the empty parking lot thing too I think, Ill be having a "lunch" break at 1AM, may visit the local Tesco...
Old 05-16-2004, 10:19 AM

excellent day for driving the S

Airbox lid off is a totally different noise I have taken mine off once or twice but it not for me every day - just too loud and max power for me every day
Old 05-16-2004, 10:23 AM

Ive had my airbox lid off for the past week or so, really like it, and its not too much louder below VTEC, so you can get away without sounding too MP unless you want to.

Filter is filthy though, may get a aftermarket drop in filter next, something thats built to be exposed.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:31 AM

Yup had the S out for a good blast today. Washed it yesterday so she's all covered in flies now. Have to give her a quick rinse in the morning before I go to work as I'm taking her for another spin shortly!
Old 05-16-2004, 10:55 AM

What a day indeed, spent all of it blasting around Kent. Haven't got the confidence to get the back out yet though!

I'm absolutely addicted to VTEC, every chance I get to go over 6k I grab it with both hands and hold on for dear life

I actually jetwashed my car twice today (need to get some Zaino!), once in the morning and again on my way home, even chamoising it dry the second time. I've never chamoised anything before in my life!...
Old 05-16-2004, 11:07 AM

I got up at 4am and drove the A59 from Harrogate to Skipton whilst the sun was rising.

I sooooooo love this car
Old 05-16-2004, 12:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drove back from Leeds today. Spent about 10 minutes sunbathing whilst waiting for the Marathon to clear past and then got bored. Some fit lass gets out the car in front of me and asks for directions back to manchester. Have a bit of joke since I've no better idea than her and I'm trying to get that way too.

In the end she elects to follow me as we try to find an alternate route out. I decide to follow motorway signs which take a very roundabout route and her and her passenger must have found a better way and turn off to go somewhere else.

Get on the motorway and catch up with them 5 minutes later and flirt horribly all the way over to manc. (waving, smiling and overtaking, no phonenumber though )

Get onto the M56 and as I pull on I come strainght alongside another S who I then convoy with to the M53.

I seem to have picked up a nice tan on my arms and face (learnt to keep some sun cream in the car these days)

All in all top day
Old 05-16-2004, 12:33 PM

Spent the weekend aimlessly cruising... nice!

Met up with Neilparryuk today and did a bit of croozin' - we got 'revved at' by a Micra who was clearing wanting a . Neil was then introduce to air lid off VTECing - I think he may be in the market for a PRM...

Nice one!

Quick Reply: What a day