UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

What are the chances?

Old 09-22-2011, 03:15 AM
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
Default What are the chances?

Drove my pride and joy out of my garage this morning and felt a liitle on the huh (that's Norfolk for wonky).
Got out of the car and found my back nearside tyre was as flat as the pancake I had on a Tuesday earlier this year.

So I called Mr AA man (I'm far too posh to change a tyre myself).

Me AA Man arrived and changed my wheel to the Space Saver (LOL).
He then noticed that my other back tyre was a little low - "I'll just check that" he said. Turns out I had a nail in that one !

What are the chances?

Minvo !

PS: Thanks go out to Mr AA Man and Mr QuikFit Man. Two puncture repairs and two new valves cost me only £8.50.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Space saver shouldn't be put on the rear.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks!
Old 09-22-2011, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Must Be a Norfolk/Suffolk thing mate, Went out in mine a few weeks ago and had the same thing. turned out i had a nail in my left rear and a screw in the right rear. thought it maybe some jealous Pr@ck leaning nails up against my tyres but cannot be sure.
i can tell you i wasnt happy as the tyres had a good few thousand miles left on them
Old 09-22-2011, 04:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It happened to me. I had a slow puncture and spotted a screw in one rear tyre, so went round to the local tyre place and they said "did you know there's one in the other side too?".

I think I'm going to phone up the AA and demand a discount. If they've got so few genuine breakdowns to cover that they change wheels for people who can't be arsed, then clearly I'm paying too much.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very stylish to have the AA man change a tyre; there are so few examples of the correct approach to delegation these days. No doubt it brightened up his day to look after a proper member in a decent vehicle rather than attend to all the proles in their tin boxes. And prevents mucking up your tweeds too. Well done Minvo.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Dembo
I think I'm going to phone up the AA and demand a discount. If they've got so few genuine breakdowns to cover that they change wheels for people who can't be arsed, then clearly I'm paying too much.
lol.

I certainly pay them too much. I think my AA bill this year was £230 (two cars, two people, warranty on the S2000 too).

Minvo !
Old 09-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by prymaka
Very stylish to have the AA man change a tyre; there are so few examples of the correct approach to delegation these days. No doubt it brightened up his day to look after a proper member in a decent vehicle rather than attend to all the proles in their tin boxes. And prevents mucking up your tweeds too. Well done Minvo.
Cheers.
And yes - we spent the whole time talking about the car (specs, mods, how lovely and clean it was, etc).

Minvo !
Old 09-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Jonesybubs
maybe some jealous Pr@ck leaning nails up against my tyres
Thought did cross my mind - but the only place it's been unnatended in the last 7 days is my work car park.

Minvo.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Community Organizer

Why has the S2000 owners club jpg suddenly grown in size ?
Fixed it!
Minvo !

Quick Reply: What are the chances?