UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Westy's Progress Thread

Old 05-12-2014 | 05:43 AM

Its an anti bacterial spray (in a can) you set aircon to full on recirculation and set the can to spray (it clicks and locks in) popbit in the passenger foot well, all doors closed amd let it do its thing for 10mins, then open the car doors and let it air for again 10-15mins. (do not be in car when it's spraying!)

the spray kills any nasty bacteria in the air circulation system, I thought is a good idea as I was replacing the cabin filter too... it was blueberry!
Old 05-12-2014 | 06:40 PM

There also good to chuck under the toilet door while someone is sitting on the throne
Old 05-12-2014 | 09:35 PM

Probably not a good idea as its very strong its not to be inhailed. A polite sign asking the user to make the most of the air freshner is always good though... :-)

Steering wheel is a lot closer now, im not very tall so it sits at a very comfy distance but can see how some may feel it's too close, and need to use slim release boss.

I was looking at the HKS super charger kit last night.... no no no no!! NO!!!
Old 05-12-2014 | 11:25 PM

Yes yes yes yes
Old 05-12-2014 | 11:40 PM

Thats what played out in my head....stop after the hks twisted manifold and stop tech brakes.... save.... and get it fitted and set up correctly by one company..... my main issue is reliability I can not afford to have it broken like some boy racer.... needs to be a proper reliable well set up tuff job.... so im thinking baffled sump, new clutch, bigger rad, oil catch tank, and any extras to keep it reliable.. not sure as haven't thought about it seriously until now....not big power.... say 350whp... food for thought I think.... its good value for money if its reliable and properly done... hmmm

it got me thinking when hearing the director of HKS europe on the phone while at Hendy Performamce with Si... we were ording in the manifold and the director was so passionate about the technical aspect of the products....in this case the development of the manifold, it started the cogs that say supercharger in my head going....

Id expect a decent set upnto be around 5k.... I also could use the large fmic from the clio I also have a 13row mocal oil cooler and pipe (no end plate) mocal oil catch tank and piping.... so its kind of tempting.....
Old 05-13-2014 | 12:36 AM
UK Trader

You will love a supercharged S2000 That's all I'm going to add!

Oh and Spoon S2000 rear view mirror covers came in today Not sure if I mentioned that to you last time - one came in for my car also! You have re-ignited the flame in me Mark (not that it ever went away to be honest!)

Si
Old 05-13-2014 | 01:01 AM

Love that Sparco wheel
Old 05-13-2014 | 04:24 AM

No wheel. No worries.

Si... enough with the spoon mirror thing! lol :-) Whats the plan for the new car thwn Si... boost....
Looking forward to the fanimold, spacers, mats then the rest of the list lol.
Old 05-13-2014 | 06:00 AM
UK Trader

Manifold has been ordered - shall I order the supercharger now as well!?
Old 05-13-2014 | 07:30 AM

Oh behave! Thats a conversation over a cuppa indeed!!!
cant wait to see manifold in person. let me know if you want part payment now. :-) either send over a invoice or ill pop in.... warning warning.... salesman alert.... warning warning.....

Quick Reply: Westy's Progress Thread