UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Westy's Progress Thread

Old 12-20-2014 | 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by weatyGT
Weaty you need to get that supercharger bolted on. Did you get the fuel upgrade kit? Im interested to see what power yours will put down. I keep seeing dyno plots but they dont look right to me. 340bhp with the fuel upgrade kit would be pretty decent in my eyes. All i keep seeing is charts of 320 flywheel horse power and thats with the upgrade kit. Seems way down on power compared to other kits available.
Old 12-20-2014 | 10:58 PM

I've got the fuel upgrade kit ready to be picked up :-) a few others are starting to fit the kit too. It's not a big power kit. Car's came a long way since last year already.

HKS say the ap2 is 400bhp with everything so you'd think the ap1 would be about 380ish....? 320 seems very low if the pump and injectors have been changed, they're 800cc and 255ltr so should be good for 400 if the charger can get there....
Old 12-21-2014 | 01:39 AM

I've got the fuel upgrade kit ready to be picked up :-) a few others are starting to fit the kit too. It's not a big power kit. Car's came a long way since last year already.

HKS say the ap2 is 400bhp with everything so you'd think the ap1 would be about 380ish....? 320 seems very low if the pump and injectors have been changed, they're 800cc and 255ltr so should be good for 400 if the charger can get there....
Yeah thats what i thought, i wouldnt want massive power but 350bhp at least would seem about right. The dyno chart you linked to on facebook just seemed well down on power compared to other supercharger systems which lets face it this is designed to be up against.

Hopefully more people will fit it and further information will come out
Old 12-21-2014 | 02:04 AM
Member (Premium)

I shall be getting this kit in the new year Let us know how you get on weaty. Out of curiosity, do you need to get the camshaft pulley altered like with the TTS kit to match the belt?
Old 12-21-2014 | 03:09 AM

The kit comes with everything needed... Saying that Si needs to do some inestigation with HKS. I decided that my convertible sports car didn't need aircon... So need a shorter belt as a result of removing it.

Adding up all the bits done this year, it's scary how much is spent on the car... Soon it'll all be over and worth the effort.

Started with buying car.
OEM service... Oil, filter, Gbox oil, Diff oil, disks and pads, Spark plugs, cabin filter. Rad fluid.

Eibach springs
Miltek exhaust
Invidia decat & cel fix
HKS twisted manifold
Sent to Zircotec for motorsports white
Steering wheel snap off boss
K&N typhoon kit
15mm wheel spacers - not on car
Spoon front upper brace
Spoon front x brace
Spoon tunnel brace
Tarmac sports side skirts
Red Honda badges
TcT from ballade sports
Honda S2000 OEM mats
Innovative rear Diff mounts
Aircon plus pipes and rad removed
New belt
Spunk2 gearnob
Mugan fluid fluffy fluid cover
Some stickers for wind deflector (warning, may go sideways without warning)
Competition stage2 clutch, with bearings etc etc. (did the regressing and slave nipple smoothing)
Mishimoto triple core rad.
Spoon thermostat
Spoon fan switch
Hondata flash pro
Remapped at EuroSpec.
HKS fuel upgrade kit includes 800cc injectors and denso 255ltr fuel pump.
HKS SC in process.....
Plus 3 other oil changes.
Spoon rocker cover. Wrong model so will scrap this and use against SC order.
MOT & higher tax bracket.... :-(

I think that's it.... This year! Unless i get the rear tyres replaced this month.
Old 12-21-2014 | 03:35 AM
UK Trader

What more investigation do I need to do or did I miss read that lol

Old 12-21-2014 | 03:48 AM

I thought you just needed to get a shorter belt... Maybe you've done this already??

I must say Si has been brilliant, most parts have come through him with faultless brilliant service.

Its great to be able to talk through plans and parts making sure all is perfect as well as have a brilliant service... Si has some of the best contacts so any parts are available through him. I'm not sure I'd have gone this far with the car if it wasn't for him to be honest... The car was meant to stay standard!!!

Oh I missed

J racing magnetic oil drain plug

I picked up the wrong size one off the rack so need to swop at some point as it's on shelf in garage.

new Propshaft bolts
new exhaust ring gasket
New number plate bulb
new front side light bulbs....

And and and you see...

Shin etsu rubber grease
Another type of rubber grease
AG Soft top cleaner and protector
Mugan oil filter cap....
Old 12-21-2014 | 04:08 AM
Member (Premium)

Get a room you two
Old 12-21-2014 | 04:26 AM

Oh and....
Vtec oil pressure switch.... Lol.

Not a room... A Super charger. :-)
Old 12-21-2014 | 05:13 AM

Oh and.... Vtec oil pressure switch.... Lol. Not a room... A Super charger. :-)
Let me know when you get the charger bolted on. I'd like to take a gander before I go down that path and you are only down the road.

Quick Reply: Westy's Progress Thread