UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Westy's Progress Thread

Old 04-04-2014 | 11:03 AM

I'm guessing ID = inside diameter and OD = outside diameter.
Old 04-04-2014 | 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Squill
I'm guessing ID = inside diameter and OD = outside diameter.
yup

you're correct main is 2.75 or a bit more than 69mm ID.
Old 04-24-2014 | 02:41 AM

Booked in for the fitting... will pop up some pics soon :-)
Old 04-24-2014 | 05:11 AM
Member (Premium)

This looks quite similar to mine . I'm waiting for your review of that exhaust. I'm very surprised if there is absolutely zero drone. Does the Miltek have helmholtz resonator? Put that Miltek and OEM exhaust on a scale to find out the exact weight difference.
Old 04-25-2014 | 07:14 AM

Miltek.

OE.

It was fitted today and all is as expected. Used OE hanger rubbers justb a few bolts off and on. Everything needed to fit the system is in the box. The masrer technicians comment was that the new system is significantly lighter than the OE one. I didnt put it on the scales. It takes approx an hour to fit if your handy with the spanners and have a ramp.

A really good fit
A little deeper on idle but not loud
A little deeper over OE up to about 4k but not loud
At a steady 70mph cruise its quiet, on throttle its a bit deeper than OE.
No drown at motorway speeds or town driving.

its a subtle more "grown up" exhaust imo its a deeper more satisfying rumble over the OE system.

all I need to do is move the tips to be perfectly symmetrical as one is slightly wonky. All clamps are large and easy to adjust so its a win win for this system imo. The rear tips clamp on so you can adjust them as you like or change them for different ones I guess!!

its lighter then OE
its a deeper sound with not being loud over OE
its a great fit
tips look great.
good quality materials
manufacturer with good credentials

Ticked all the boxes for me so id not recommended it to anyone. dont buy it. :-)

performance wise, hard to tell maybe a little more but tonget any real gains remapping would be needed with a sports cat or decat... the OE system is good.... but heavy. it feels a bit "fresher" to drive but this is probably due to the weight and 1-2hp gain. its mimimal but noticable. I think to get the best you need a full system ie fanimold and sports cat. I really like the sound though. :-)
Old 04-25-2014 | 08:12 AM

Why does it come with the tail pipes cut off? Do you need to weld it to fit or is that what the clamps are for? Looks like a possible weak spot?

Got a video of the sound?

Are these on general sale now?
Old 04-25-2014 | 08:33 AM

cut off??

you clamp them on so you can adjust them to be correct.

saves you having wonky or uneven exit pipes. you can choose to have them tucked away or out slightly etc. Its not a weak point no weight is on them... you could take them off to clean them of you really wanted!! :-) You can see the clips in the picture theybare the same for the tail pipes.

I took the sound clip in the morning for the oe system as I started the car up...To keep it consistent i will do the same tomorrow with the new system on.
Old 04-26-2014 | 01:43 PM
UK Trader

Any news on the sound clip Mark?

Old 04-27-2014 | 07:38 AM

top link is the miltek sound clip :-) the best way is the experience the sound Si.... :-)
Old 04-28-2014 | 12:16 AM

The 3M vhb tape is on order so I can get the tarmac sports sideskirts fitted. :-)

Also deliberating between the berk technology 70mm test pipe with ecu fix or the hi flow cat... but not sure which to go for....

To finish the exhaust off the manifold will be the HKS twisted with OE heat sheild. ill probably wrap it also.

Quick Reply: Westy's Progress Thread