UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Westy's Progress Thread

Old 11-23-2014 | 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by noodels
I see now why your Vtec can be set as low, because of your better efficient headers and Test Pipe
Aha Noodles good to see your reply over the other side of the pond NA area. I was suprised it was set that low tbh.

It all helps... this was my thinking kind of anyway.... lol.

K&N typoon - location of filter for cold air, sound trusted brand.
Removeed front air dam - more air for k&n

Miltek exhaust - looks OE and no drown and decent company and 2.75" isnt small!!

HKS manifold - zircotec coating -- decent manifold designed for supercharged and improved torque and heat management solution with added stregthening to manifold.

Decat with cel fix - removes main restriction and no cel light.

No air con - less strain on crank/pulleys/alternator etc plus new belt

rear diff mounts - tranfer power better as less movement and more direct handling.

larger rad - heat managemt
thermostat -heat management
Fan switch - heat management

Stage 2 clutch - not over the top but good for daily and more power.
Old 11-23-2014 | 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by weatyGT
To be honest it is probably a non issue and difficult to measure because how many people use an oil pressure gauge and then how many peoples oil gauges are accurate enough to give a true reading. Im lucky with my Spa one as its pretty accurate and i can trust it.

When i fitted a smaller more restrictive oil cooler i noticed alot of pressure drop during vtec on track. At some points i was down to 60PSI which to be honest i wasnt happy with especially as before fitting the cooler i had 80psi. The vtec never cut out with the pressure at 60 psi but that doesn't mean i would want the lower pressure in an ideal world. Now i have the larger cooler i get 75psi which is much better, especially for my peace of mind!.

How are you finding the car with the lower engagement? i had an integra type r with the spoon ecu with the lower engagement. In the end i put the standard ecu back on because i missed the kick of the Vtec.

Oh and i wish i could get flashpro for my car but its not available and its a fair old lump of cash for an AEM EMS
Old 11-23-2014 | 02:10 PM

I remember reading your thread on the oil pressure drop, iirc the general idea was to fit a larger oil cooler as the smaller one was causing less flow/more restriction and the f20c has no problem flowing through a larger cooler After reading this I held off buying a thermkstatic end plate for the 13row mocal i have in garage. I was thinking maybe 19row. (When SC) thibk the SC comes with 13row for its oil too.

I like the improved torque, car gets down road swiftly. Its a bit more punchy or beefy to drive, if that makes sense. Its not crazy or alot faster just more nippy and progress is better. On motorway its better as power is there when you are asking for it as apposed to waiting for lift off at 6k.
Old 11-23-2014 | 02:14 PM

Has any of the boosted owners used the OE bumper washer jets to help cool the intake? Im thinking water spray on intercooler instead of headlights?
Old 11-24-2014 | 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by weatyGT
Has any of the boosted owners used the OE bumper washer jets to help cool the intake? Im thinking water spray on intercooler instead of headlights?
does that mean your car would be faster when it rains?
Old 11-24-2014 | 06:35 AM

It means if you spray water onto the radiator or intercooler the water helps dissipate the heat, this is a positive thing. Boosted cars suffer with more heat so I just wondered if anyone has used the oe design of the washer jets to help manag heat.

maybe along lines of. Switch added in and pipes not used with screenwashers and a small pump iswd to spray. Just an idea

I dont think rain makes tyres more sticky?
Old 11-24-2014 | 07:26 AM

If your washer jets are anything like mine, targetting them ONLY on the rad will be a challenge. Anyway, if its hot in there, won't it become like a steamy sauna
Old 11-24-2014 | 07:28 AM

wasn't taking the piss was a genuine question (just re read my comment and may have come across either way) surely the washer bottle would soak up heat from the bay though making the water warm? i know for drag racing they use c02 to cool them down
Old 11-24-2014 | 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by CynicG
If your washer jets are anything like mine, targetting them ONLY on the rad will be a challenge. Anyway, if its hot in there, won't it become like a steamy sauna
Lol mine too.... the sprays goes everywhere!!! That was the reason for thinking hmmm how could these be made functional for another purpose.

If sprayed onto the intercooler it would help cool the fins and consequently the air inside the intercooler.
Old 11-24-2014 | 07:32 AM

http://www.enginebasics.com/Advanced...0Sprayers.html

this kind of idea.

Quick Reply: Westy's Progress Thread