UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Westy's Progress Thread

Old 11-22-2014 | 08:35 AM

bless her. She was a screemer I think Romain increased the red line up a bit.... he said yeah increased it a bit, not much though.....

Im happy with it so far :-)
Old 11-22-2014 | 11:50 PM

So what's the new driving experience like? A remap is on my winter list to take full advantage of breathing mods, but as the numbers are that much of an improvement over stock, unless driving feels noticeably better, I might do bolts instead.
Old 11-23-2014 | 12:40 AM

It drives a lot smoother and power is smoother. As vtec is fsr lowernits not a thumping barrrp that you're used to is not noticeable if your pushing on there is just more than you had before if that makes sense. Its more plush or progressive.

I mapped it as I didn't want the afr to be all over the place or it to run too lean or rich etc. I wanted it running 100% as I feel its a good egg.... used daily... turns out it was a good egg. I didnt want bolt ons to cause any problems.

Next provided all is well its to add the HKS GT supercharger this is also meant to be more progressive pr smooth so should have good driving feel.....and on look out for a more reliable diff
Old 11-23-2014 | 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by CynicG
So what's the new driving experience like? A remap is on my winter list to take full advantage of breathing mods, but as the numbers are that much of an improvement over stock, unless driving feels noticeably better, I might do bolts instead.

If you decide to remap would you use euroapec? Romain was very professional polite and direct. I was impressed.

I was very nervous as with the sensor issue the car meamt it was running as rough as it ever has!!! Just before mapping..... never a good approach to take!!!

If you choose eurospec maybe I can pop up and chat over coffee while you're there.
Old 11-23-2014 | 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by weatyGT
Originally Posted by CynicG' timestamp='1416732657' post='23415029

If you decide to remap would you use euroapec? Romain was very professional polite and direct. I was impressed.

I was very nervous as with the sensor issue the car meamt it was running as rough as it ever has!!! Just before mapping..... never a good approach to take!!!

If you choose eurospec maybe I can pop up and chat over coffee while you're there.

Yeah got a quote from Eurospec and Romain is clearly recommended. I'll let you know when I'm booked in
Old 11-23-2014 | 07:10 AM

Ok thatll be cool.

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed my run to the shops earlier, really enjoyed the torque available low down.... just makes me want the charger even more!!

some lighter 18" wheels would be good too as well as shaft spacers. And and and and..... thats how it goes!!
Old 11-23-2014 | 08:04 AM

Just out of interest what does lowering the vtec point do to the engine oil pressure? When you hit vtec in a standard tuned s2000 you get a noticeable drop in pressure and thats even with the pump at the top part of its flow. Surely having the vtec switch at a lower RPM will cause an even further dip to pressures as the pumps output isn't as high.
Old 11-23-2014 | 08:48 AM

Good question!

Oil pressure is required for vtec system to change the cam tonlarger profile cam, so i guess it has enough oil pressure to work, otherwise it wouldnt change over.

When on the larger cam wouldn't oil pressure be resumed?

Be good to get more info on this question mark raised from the mkre technical minded on here if poss....
Old 11-23-2014 | 11:56 AM

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/101...c/page__st__75

any points mark?
Old 11-23-2014 | 12:21 PM
10 Year Member

I see now why your Vtec can be set as low, because of your better efficient headers and Test Pipe

Quick Reply: Westy's Progress Thread