UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Westy's Progress Thread

Old 11-15-2014 | 04:08 AM

Look at the right rear here... on the right of this image... big hole i have nothing to fill this hole.... what goes in there? No idea. No rocker cover change is it the right one. :-(

Old 11-15-2014 | 11:03 AM

Some progress pics from today.

clutch feels alot lighter, steering is alot more responsive. I thought it would be more of a harsh ride but it rides smooth comfy just more direct. Really happy with that.

I have a small exhaust blow as the ring gasket dkesnt seal well enough (shouldve got a new one) so this is to be sorted asap.

The rocker cover didnt go on as the right rear of the cover didntseem to be the same as oe ccover. It has a large bulge that the oe doesnt have. So this will get sorted soon to.

All in all a productive 2 days. Felt I learnt a fair bit about the car too. :-)
Old 11-15-2014 | 11:35 AM

Looking good, I think the space you've shown on the Cam Cover is for the cam sensor. I know on mine when i painted it it has two cam sensors one on each side at the rear of the cover.

Good progress!
Old 11-15-2014 | 12:48 PM
UK Trader

Mark W, leave those Hob Nobs alone......

Pre DBW cars have two cam sensors - the latter DBW cars have only one. So a refurbish may be in order for your Std one

We can offset the Rocker cover for the other major purchase - keep it boxed so I can put it back into stock
Old 11-16-2014 | 06:10 AM

A shorter list of to dos....

stiffer diff mounts highlighted play in the diff so I will be on the look out for either a refurbished one or perfect working order one to buy now. I can here it knocking so thats that. Or maybe refurbish mine if it can be done locally. (Hampshire)

Exhaust manifold ring gasket fitted to resolve wet fart exhaust sound! :-(

Air in system to bleed out still.

Si there is a few bits to price up please 5lts coolant and exhaust gasket.... Do you think master tech could sort out my wet fart noise?? :-)

I also need to find some rubber bungs to cap off and tidy up the air con pipes. Ill try wicks.or a hardware store for that i think.
Old 11-17-2014 | 07:36 AM

So popped in to pick up the new exhaust ring gasket and mlre coolant from Si at Hendy Performance. Showed Si the bits done over the weekend.

Its interesting as the Manifold was stone cold compared to the radiator and the intake manifold.... it seems this Zircotec coating is doing its job very well. :-) you couldnt touch the intake or rad but you could hold the manifold!!!

On the way back to call in a cheeky favour at a local garage (using the ramp to fit the gasket) i saw a moonrock s2k mataloc blue/green oe v2 alloys.... 53plate.....
Old 11-17-2014 | 07:57 AM

What did you do with the metal shield when you fitted the Spoon rear under brace? Did you bin it?
Old 11-17-2014 | 09:09 AM

Its a bit of a shame spoon dont have a small locating hole on tje brace for the metal sheild to sit in, maybe with a rubber gromit. :-( what are the options to keep it? Drill it yourself. Rest the shield on the brace and hopenit doesnt flap around?

We left it off for now.
Old 11-17-2014 | 09:20 AM
10 Year Member

Had to grind the collars of my spring bolts on the mani-to-Berk HFC to get a reasonable nip to stop blow had a new Honda gasket as well.
<spaced it with oversize nuts>
Old 11-17-2014 | 09:24 AM

Nodles !! i was just thinking of ideas to create a tighter seal. I was thinking washers.... when you say grind the collars.... would you add more detail please as ill be looking to fix this tomorrow :-) any pictures.

above is adams old s2k my mechanics previous apprentice.
Does anyone know it?

Quick Reply: Westy's Progress Thread