UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Westy's Progress Thread

Old 10-08-2014 | 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by weatyGT
Oh I didnt see that!! Haha.... debating to give the tentionor a go myself today now it's here!!!

Any videos you guys can link me to that can help me out?
Is it just old one out..... new one in.

New one has bolt&wing nut in already....

Very easy to do. Unbolt old, carefully remove so springs don't fall out, put a little oil on the new seal, fit and tighten, (remembers it's going into aluminium so don't overtighten), remove butterfly. Done. If you have an airbox, it might be a PITA but without it's easy.
Old 10-08-2014 | 02:12 AM

Aha ill give it a go then after class this afternoon! Await the sos mesaages later though.... incase I need help and het at in the wrong way or something stupid....

it comes with another bolt.... I presume this goes where the wing nut and bolt are at the moment??? It's a flat headed screw driver head....
Old 10-08-2014 | 02:17 AM
10 Year Member

Yep and I'll second the "don't tighten it too much" - those bolts only need something like 8 or 9 ft/lbs of torque
Old 10-08-2014 | 02:28 AM

Nip tight then not FT!
Old 10-08-2014 | 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by weatyGT
Aha ill give it a go then after class this afternoon! Await the sos mesaages later though.... incase I need help and het at in the wrong way or something stupid....

it comes with another bolt.... I presume this goes where the wing nut and bolt are at the moment??? It's a flat headed screw driver head....

Yes - releasing the wingnut/bolt sets the spring/pressure. The flathead bolt just pops in once the bolt is removed. IIRC the TCT will only go one way round.
Old 10-08-2014 | 05:47 AM

this way round? :-)

I drove home after class had a coffee, did a few stretches, had another coffee and ibwas ready for the challenge..... 20mins later its done. Cheers guys, the hardest bit was getting the new balladesports tct in all the way, opted to screw it in gently with the bolts, just nip tight!! Then wing nut and screw out, and centre screw thing in just until it stops, then back plate on just nip tight.... ran it no rattle at all.... stopped & started again no rattle, usual ever so slight tappy niise that is normal its nice and quiet now.... so we will see if it stays that way moving forwards nicely.

Thanks for the tips guys very helpful
Old 10-08-2014 | 05:58 AM

the old OE worm drive. Seemed like a babys bum to me, smooooth.... so fingers crossed all will remain calm and no rattles....
Old 10-08-2014 | 06:43 AM

Mine was the same and very noisy. Since fitting the Ballade one, no reoccurance at all. Well worth the cash I think.
Old 10-08-2014 | 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by CynicG
Mine was the same and very noisy. Since fitting the Ballade one, no reoccurance at all. Well worth the cash I think.

Definatly needs to be done! The engine sounds like new now.
Worm drive seems to have good gaps and isnt rounded off at all just rather smooth.... keeping in case a swop ks needed again :-) thumbs up far BalladeSports TCT

My mechanic was like..... few, no engine rebuild requied.. Tfft!!!
Old 10-08-2014 | 07:19 AM
BCA

The smoother that worm drive is, the more noise it will make.

B

Quick Reply: Westy's Progress Thread