UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Westy's Progress Thread

Old 05-20-2014 | 07:01 AM

I guess engine, gearbox and diff mounts will need improving?
Old 05-20-2014 | 07:53 AM
UK Trader

Only worth doing them when they wear out - mine were fine however. Once again its a "ifs it not broke (yet) don't fix it".

Diff mounts maybe however if your going go crazy with power and launch the car alot!
Old 05-20-2014 | 07:56 AM

today efforts.... just in case the rain catches me out....

I guess I want to avoid the oh its broken situation... it has to be reliable :-)
Old 05-20-2014 | 09:17 AM

If you go forced induction Ive got an Aem piggyback ecu brand new.Youwill need to change engine mounts,I've still got the Oem diff mounts and the gearbox has got 2 little rubber donuts which do bugger all to stop vibration at 2.5 k.

Anything less than 400 hp if looked after and used sensibly would prove fairly reliable.
Old 05-20-2014 | 01:27 PM

Mr Pitts im ingreeged by your progress and nothing speaks better than experience :-) please quantify regards the piggy back ecu.... how and whybis this better than my ecu being "flash mapped" ??

Ive read that 350bhp is the oem units limit ideally??

what maintenance is required with a supercharger??
Old 05-20-2014 | 03:14 PM

The pre DBW cars didn't require a piggy back system but the DBW ones do.Having tha ability to program and taylor the mapping to suit you setup and driving style /preference's is what a piggy back ecu will allow you to do.The system can be re flashed and although I know diddly squat about it that's what I did with mine when it was Supercharged using a Hondata Flashpro.

I have a stand alone ecu on my car but to be honest its a black art as far as I'm concerned and my decision was mainly based on the fact that the guy who fitted and mapped mine it is a wizard with Motec ecu's.

Maintainance wise provided you not stretching you setup to the limit and drive with respect for your components normal maintenance and consumables will be just a little more expensive to run than a NA car.
Old 05-22-2014 | 12:01 AM

Thanks for the info :-)

Looking at the HKS GT Supercharger information sheets, they detail under:

CONTROL DEVICE SETTING (AP1)

Control - needed, such as F-Con iS for setting.

on the ap2 side it details a Flash editor is available....

I guess this means HKS has no base map for the F20C engine with their super charger kit plus fuel updlgrade kit.... and the customer needs an expert to remap using F-Con iS unit that also needs purchasing seperatly.

HKS recommend the fuel upgrade kit is purchased as part of the Supercharger kit so you can get the full benefit, this kit includes fuel pump, injectors and restrictor.

It seems HKS has developed the kit on the 2.2cc engine only, hense the flash editor map being available for F22C not F20C. The F20C needs individual setting up.... but that the most important and hardest part right?? marrying up the boost, fuel, air, timing, spark, knock etc etc. Get this worng and its game over for the engine :-(
Old 05-23-2014 | 07:33 AM

Ok so I think I have decided to have boost in the supercharger form.... right now I think either TTS or HKS.... so this will need some saving up for.. I would love a reliable... 400bhp. I will need the total package including...

flash pro
injectors
fuel pump

An all inclusive charger kit.... oil cooler fmic, bov etc

my question is this....

Should I buy the flash pro... injectors and fuel pump now... have them fitted and all mapped in...... this would mean then the s/c is simply bolt on and map in itself....

any ideas what kind of gains people get with the fueling changes and mapping???

just a though :-)
Old 05-30-2014 | 11:27 PM

So much to do so little time.....
in the pipeline is:

Manifold
spoon braces
Flash pro.
Spacers.... Hmm...

(do I get a fuel pump and injectors then jave it all fitted and remapped with flash pro... wonder what that would do for the performance...)
Old 06-02-2014 | 05:21 AM

Uprate them when you stick an SC in it - it'll save unnecessary faffing and additional costs - a good mapper isn't cheap.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Westy's Progress Thread