UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Well that's just 'effing marvellous!

Old 07-27-2007, 03:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well that's just 'effing marvellous!

Not been on here much of late as been mega busy with work. Can see the light at the end of the tunnel (finally) and the weather 'seems' to be improving so I can finally start enjoying the car and S2000 ownership.....

Then some dickhead pulls out in front of me on the duel carriageway this morning!!! Side swipes the passenger side of the honda and puts me in a spin. I end up after a couple of rotations (I wasn't counting) up the kurb on the inside of lane 1 facing the wrong way. Front wing is fooked, door and rear quarter 'grazed' but the rear offside wheel is at a funny angle which is more worrying. The car has now been recovered. I tell you something I could cry

Hey ho it's only a car.... Some piccies to follow.

BTW looks like I'll be stung for a
Old 07-27-2007, 03:07 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

If you have the other person's insurance details and blame is agreed, you have to recover your excess (along with all other costs) from his insurers. It should be relatively painless provided blame is entirely the other party's.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:07 AM

If it was the other parties fault, you won't be claiming against your own insurance policy, so you won't pay the excess.....
Old 07-27-2007, 03:09 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Did you punish him bad?

****ing idiot.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Jul 27 2007, 12:07 PM
If you have the other person's insurance details and blame is agreed, you have to recover your excess (along with all other costs) from his insurers. It should be relatively painless provided blame is entirely the other party's.
Oct 2005 my son was stationary in traffic, van ran into the back of him with such force that it pushed him onto the verged and flipped the car. No question of blame there eh?

He had legal cover but we're now coming up for 2 years later and the claim is still not settled! The other insurance company have just been taking the p*ss by ignoring our solicitor and then offering a pityful settlement figure but refusing to pay the legal costs or the initial car hire costs. It's an absolute nightmare.

My advice is get a free consultation with a good solicitor who will do no win no fee, but make sure he is prepared to claim all of your out of pocket expenses.

Also keep an accurate diary of every phone call, letter etc, keep every receipt for stuff that you wouldn't have had to pay for if you hadn't lost your car. Trust me if it does drag on, and I sincerely hope that it doesn't, you'll be glad you did.

Best of luck
Old 07-27-2007, 03:25 AM

Woah ! glad your ok !

As already said you shouldnt be claiming against your own insurance policy.
Give them a call and hopefully they'll be good enough to talk it all through. I suspect they're waiting for the accident details to be clariifed and for the other party to admit fault. Fingers crossed for you it doesnt get messy.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by johnbuck,Jul 27 2007, 12:23 PM
The other insurance company have just been taking the p*ss by ignoring our solicitor and then offering a pityful settlement figure but refusing to pay the legal costs or the initial car hire costs. It's an absolute nightmare.
ad you did.
Which insurance company?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:59 AM

Received 655 Likes on 570 Posts

all good advice john but name and shame

there is also an ombudsman you can refer this to
Old 07-27-2007, 04:16 AM

Surely you must claim from your own insurers as the third parties cover is not for your car.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2,Jul 27 2007, 12:59 PM
all good advice john but name and shame

there is also an ombudsman you can refer this to
I'd love to name and shame but this may cause problems for the owner of this forum.

I'm sure the game is to sicken people so that they end up accepting their offer just to get get it over with. We're preparing court action now, so I'm sure they'll settle before that comes to fruition.

Moral of the story; the only thing that seems to be cut and dried where insurance companies are concerned is, they make no mistakes about taking your money.

Quick Reply: Well that's just 'effing marvellous!