UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Waxing: Which one?

Old 04-26-2004, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We use that for the kids bikes

...and the gutters on the house. The smell keeps the cats at bay !
Old 04-26-2004, 02:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Mark Turner
I'm sure you'll get a better finish from the "premium" Zymol than the Hellfords stuff - but qualitatively how much better, I don't know. If you're at the more casual end of the car-cleaning spectrum and not willing to invest the hours that some people seem to do, it's entirely possible that the extra cost and elbow grease required by the premium Zymol would mean it's not worth investing in.
I don't mind at all investing hours on this but I believe in ensuring value for my financial investment! I will keep an open mind on this subject until I have seen some tangible proof of the results from the "premium" product (if I could get a low cost "sampler" I would try it out but I think
Old 04-26-2004, 02:25 AM

Mikdys, the
Old 04-26-2004, 02:29 AM

Old 04-26-2004, 02:32 AM

From one of the Zymol re-seller's websites:

"The second step to protecting your car's finish is to remove any dead, oxidized paint. HD-Cleanse removes light oxidization, moderate scratches, accumulated road film, tar, acid rain deposits, renewing your original paint lustre. "

It smoothes the paintwork and takes the dull top layer off the paint, a bit like a claybar. Well worth it IMHO if you're going to spend the money on the premium Zymol wax.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the auto bath is very similar,

the wax is different...the internet one comes in a tub and is a solid wax.

the stuff I got from costco seems to be the same as the Halfords one...additionally a spray for keeping the shine between waxing.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:37 AM

Originally posted by Kobe
additionally a spray for keeping the shine between waxing.
Field Glaze - good stuff
Old 04-26-2004, 02:50 AM

Originally posted by Mark Turner
From one of the Zymol re-seller's websites:

"The second step to protecting your car's finish is to remove any dead, oxidized paint. HD-Cleanse removes light oxidization, moderate scratches, accumulated road film, tar, acid rain deposits, renewing your original paint lustre. "

It smoothes the paintwork and takes the dull top layer off the paint, a bit like a claybar. Well worth it IMHO if you're going to spend the money on the premium Zymol wax.
Thanks for all your advice but I don't think I would want to use anything even mildly abrasive on the laquer (I'd rather have a few light marks than reduce the thickness of the top coat). I may risk
Old 04-26-2004, 02:57 AM

I'm waiting on a shipment of Zaino as part of the latest GB. Assuming I decide that it's any better than Zymol (and I'm very sceptical....), I may have some Zymol Japon wax for sale - probably around 60-70% of a tub.

Don't completely dismiss HD Cleanse and/or claybar treatment. I appreciate your concern but it makes a very real difference to the look, and also the feel, of the paintwork. I don't think it's sufficiently abrasive to cause damage to the paintwork.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:10 AM

mikdys....I really don't think you have anything to worry about with the HD-Cleanse.

I would only use it twice or maximum 3 times a year, and it really does make the surface VERY smooth....a pleasure to feel. Very helpful when you apply wax afterwards too.....dont get any muck trapped under the wax then.

I'm of the opinion that it is better than the clay bar too.

HD-cleanse

Quick Reply: Waxing: Which one?