UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Waxing: Which one?

Old 04-24-2004, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know it makes sense. It's dead easy to apply - that finish took me around 4 hours to get, but I spent most of that time cleaning and waxing my wheels
Old 04-24-2004, 04:46 PM
Ric

You lot and your waxes.

You should try a squirt of Pledge. Just as good, and only a couple of quid.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:54 PM

I use zymol, well twice I have so far I havent had time lately but I intend to use it next week as I am off . I agree it does leave a dry powdery stuff on it but surely driving down the road at high speed will soon blow this all off
Old 04-25-2004, 01:03 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Zaino isnt that difficult - there is one hard session - your first, after then it is easy peasy and every time you apply it gets better

re hard water spotting - dry the car

NXT is getting some good reviews too - i dont know how long it lasts.

The thing about Zaino i love is the better it gets each time it is applied
Old 04-25-2004, 01:43 AM

AE the watter spotting issue has nothing to do with the drying part of the process. I was drying the car before applying Zaino. If you do a search about this issue you will see a lot of people with black cars are getting white spots after Zaino and the sellers are also aware of this.

As for the application it was a PITA. Mix in a bottle, apply, remove, apply z5 or whatever it is, remove, apply Z6, wash bottles etc. Just did my head in. I will post my results of NXT when I:

1. Have a car to polish
2. Have bought NXT and applied it
Old 04-25-2004, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

okies

Not seen the hard water spotting your talking about - the best 2 black cars i've seen are wanabe's and Amuse Boy's

both zaino addicts
Old 04-25-2004, 09:31 AM
MrV

I was teetering on the brink of giveing NXT a go but haveing read a few comments on the wash and wax and other detailing forums have decieded to stay with Zanio heres a link to one such debate Rahual

Nxt
Old 04-25-2004, 10:11 AM

Originally posted by MrV
I was teetering on the brink of giveing NXT a go but haveing read a few comments on the wash and wax and other detailing forums have decieded to stay with Zanio heres a link to one such debate Rahual

Nxt
Thanks for the link MrV. I had read that thread too. For me the Zaion process was not satisfactory and I want something which is simple to use and more importantly quick. I will try NXT since I am not after durability since I will apply it every 4 weeks in any case. Thanks though.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:57 AM

Rahula - Iv'e done the NXT thing today.

1st job wash in fairly liquid
2nd job - Meguirs Clay bar - took about an hour this bit
3rd job NXT wax

Result - Stunning

Only just finished so no pix yet but I'll get some tomorrow (if it doesn't rain and spoil it.)

I bought a load of Meguirs stuff from the Doncaster Show but didn't need most of it. I'm sure it will come in handy sometime though.

The NXT was really easy to use and buff off. Just make sure you let it dry properly before buffing. No residue either.
I have been using Zymol Wax (the stuff from Halfords) and I was quite pleased with that but it leaves a white residue, the NXT leaves no residue at all. I also bought some NXT that you can squirt on after hosing down to keep the shine but obviously not tried that yet.

I will keep on using the Zymol wash though as Iv'e still got a full bottle and I like this stuff.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since reading these forums I have been persuaded to buy the Zymol wash and wax products (via Halfords).

It doesn't seem to leave much more of a shine than Autoglym did (IMO) but the wash component does bring the shine back to some extent if the car hasn't been waxed for a while (and I'm definitely going to stay with using this).

I don't find the powder from the wax component a problem as I dust the car and clean the shut lines after waxing, before misting with a water spray to allow leveling of the wax prior to giving it a final buff. Takes me three and a half hours or so to wax it this way (is this more or less time than you all put in?)

One thing I have noticed is that the first cleaning off of the residue wax once it has dried slightly seems kinder to the paint's laquer coat than Autoglym did (as it doesn't seem to "cling" so much). I'm going to stick with the Zymol wax for this reason.

All in all I was quite pleased with the

Quick Reply: Waxing: Which one?