UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Warranty Advice

Old 08-12-2008, 03:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty Advice

I'm currently going through a warranty claim with my Honda dealer on a timing chain tensioner but it's not going as well as I would have wanted. The story is this; the TCT was replaced a couple months before the end of the cars 3-year warranty period by the previous owner. Almost a year later the symptoms came back and after much discussion with Honda UK, they agreed to replace the part FOC. The issue at the time was the TCT was only covered by the car warranty, hence was only covered for a couple months. I managed to argue that since they give their parts a years warranty and that the part had failed within a year of being replaced they should have some sort of good will gesture.

The part failed again 6 months later and was replaced under parts warranty. It is again failing after another 6 months and I am going throught the warranty process once more.

The trouble is, Honda UK want a copy of the original invoice when the part was bought. Trouble is, it was never bought. So the dealer want me to dig out the paperwork when the TCT was replaced the first time. I've already had to dig out paperwork for them for the other occasions and getting a little fed up with this.

Should I give Honda UK a call and try and explain the whole situation with them and hopefully get it fixed over the phone, or do I just leave it with the dealer?
Old 08-12-2008, 03:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the TCT has been replaced by Honda under warranty then surely this is recorded on the computer system?
Don't see why you should have to provide paperwork.

What is it with these TCT's anyway, there's no way they should be failing like they do? Are they inherently faulty or just poorly designed?