UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

WARNING - Powerflow are .......!

Old 10-24-2003, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone thinking of getting a custom or aftermarket exhaust system fitted, avoid POWERFLOW. My little brother had an exhaust system fitted in Birmingham (Advan system) on his MR2 - I'll let the pics do the talking...

[IMG]http://images.fotopic.net/?id=1514395&outx=600&oq=0

[/IMG]

Suffice to say that my brother is really unhappy -
Old 10-24-2003, 04:43 AM
kev

AB,

I think this depends on the people who do it. One of the garages I know are reps for Power Flow. The system is fine and the work they did was brilliant. I had my back box replaced when I had my FTO. Totally happy with the workmanship.

K
Old 10-24-2003, 04:44 AM

Fcukin' 'ell. That's dire. Looks like a job for trading standards...
Old 10-24-2003, 04:45 AM

I believe Powerflow works as a franchise setup, so you're at the mercy of the local installer. I had one on my Prelude which was pretty nice, but not a patch on a large scale manufacturer or Hayward & Scott for quality.

Looks like your brother got really screwed by his local setup - that's one scary exhaust. If they won't refund him, he shouldn't have any problem getting the money back in the small claims court. Maybe Powerflow themselves will intervene to protect their reputation.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:46 AM

You're rigth Kev - not all Powerflow agents/franchises are useless but I think a reasonable standard of workmanship should be adhered to by all Powerflow agents. This is so damn poor.

Originally posted by kev
AB,

I think this depends on the people who do it. One of the garages I know are reps for Power Flow. The system is fine and the work they did was brilliant. I had my back box replaced when I had my FTO. Totally happy with the workmanship.

K
Old 10-24-2003, 04:48 AM

I contacted the main branch of Powerflow in Devon last night - the guy was quite polite and assured me that they would sort things out. Photos have been sent to him. Just awaiting a reply now.

Originally posted by steve_the_greek
I believe Powerflow works as a franchise setup, so you're at the mercy of the local installer. I had one on my Prelude which was pretty nice, but not a patch on a large scale manufacturer or Hayward & Scott for quality.

Looks like your brother got really screwed by his local setup - that's one scary exhaust. If they won't refund him, he shouldn't have any problem getting the money back in the small claims court. Maybe Powerflow themselves will intervene to protect their reputation.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:49 AM
kev

Well, they do offer life time guarentee (I think). So I'm sure PowerFlow will honor that.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:51 AM

Originally posted by kev
Well, they do offer life time guarentee (I think). So I'm sure PowerFlow will honor that.
...I'm pretty sure that with an install like that, you'd be calling on the warranty very quickly
Old 10-24-2003, 04:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hideous. Get some ass kicked AB.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:56 AM

yup - it does have the lifetime warranty but I would want a completely new install - this is just apalling.

I really feel sorry for my bro - he's only 19 and was saving for a decent exchaust for quite some time and this is what those idiots give him.

CC - I was thinking of taking the boyz down to Birmingham and showing 'em the proper way to bend pipes. We'll just have to wait and see...

I reckon I could have got a better job done in India

Quick Reply: WARNING - Powerflow are .......!