UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Want more audio power

Old 09-18-2006, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want more audio power

Hi guys - looking for more volume from my audio system. Can anyone recommend powerful speakers to fit in the boot, and necessary enclosures, and suggest suppliers. Thanks in anticipation.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This should be interesting, I too want to upgrade...

Kiwi
Old 09-18-2006, 03:53 PM

I've just finished uprating my car Hifi. After shopping around a bit I eventually bought most of my bits from Car Audio Direct (with S2K discount) and the rest I found on E-bay.

Head Unit I have upgraded to an Alpine 9850Ri which also has a full speed Ipod connection on it and connected with the modifry dash controls unit.

Speakers I have installed Genesis P16 component speakers in the doors with a Genesis Profile 2 amp installed under the passenger seat. The Genesis range is superb and whatever output they claim on their amps and speakers you can add about another 40%.

Subwoofer I have installed an Alpine SWR 1042 10" subwoofer in a W. Laurent enclosure in the boot powered by a 600W Alpine mono amp which is mounted in the tool tray in the boot where the Honda manual was kept. The enclosures' made by William at Darkside subs are absolutely bang on and he is a real gentleman to deal with. He is a member and does post on here as well.

Soundproofing To enhance the sound further I have soundproofed the doors with Dynamat Extreme and also the full boot, the boot lid, the area around the spare wheel and the underside of the soft top tray.

The Hifi now sounds awesome, bone shaking bass, really good quality sound even with the roof down. You do lose some of the bass though.

If you are the type of person who likes to play your music to everyone down the street theres certainly enough amps there to hear you coming.

Hope this helps

Andy
Old 09-19-2006, 03:04 AM

I used to have Boston Acoustics components in the front, an Alpine HU and a Genesis profile 2 amp, all together a cracking set up. I would defiantly rate the Boston speakers.

The Genesis Profile 2 amp, is for sale, its used but in perfect condition and boxed, I also have the cables you will need to go with it. PM me if your interested.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:29 AM

Think we all seem to go down the same route!

I have also got:

Alpine 9850Ri HU hooked up to my iPod Video
Modifry adapter for the stalk controls
Genesis Profile 16 component speakers
Genesis Profile two channel amp
Alpine SWD-1600 powered sub (under passenger seat)

It's a great setup, and I really love the bass and sound quality. See my sig for full details.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:38 AM

Not me I have almost finished my set up just need to dynamat the doors and boot to keep the sound in a bit more.

Head Unit : Kenwood KDC W7031 with a kenwood control adaptor so I can still use the stalk controls

Door Speakers : Kenwood KFC PS1700

Rear section behind the seats : Kenwood Dual Mags componant system ps1700p (i think)

Boot : Kenwood KAC 8401 4 Ch amp, Alpine earthquake sub and ported sub box

Thats it so far.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any thing is an improvement on stock

Seriously just a decent HU with the stock speakers is far better
If you want more amp up and replace the door speakers
If your'e really serious go the whole hog and sub up and brown bread it
Old 09-19-2006, 01:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mikey speaketh sage advice
Old 09-19-2006, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-15-2006, 01:40 PM

Thanks for advice guys - one question - presumably, if you put a sub in the boot, the sound is so powerful; it reaches the cabin OK?

Quick Reply: Want more audio power