UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

VTEC Direct

Old 12-17-2008, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VTEC Direct

Hi all,

for the past 3 weeks I am trying to get hold of Barry at VTEC Direct, or any other person at VTEC, but nobody answers emails or answers the phone. Anyone know what is going on? I always had great service from Barry, hope everything is fine.

Thanks,

Vince
Old 12-17-2008, 03:07 AM
Community Organizer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same problem here
Old 12-17-2008, 03:31 AM

I have heard of quite a lot of people having problems with Barry and his service recently
Old 12-17-2008, 04:52 AM

I think vtec direct is cutting back on hours it is run, not closing down fully but just not being run full time...
Old 12-17-2008, 05:09 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

This doesn't sound too good....
Old 12-17-2008, 05:25 AM

Baz has decided that it's not worth it at the moment with the exchange rates etc.

We are winding down stock holdings and I am going back to full time employment. There is simply no money to be made selling nothing but Honda parts full time.

The constant expectation to provide phone service, aftersales, fast email support and still compete with bedroom traders, tax dodgers, direct sellers and ebay sellers means by the time we cover all of overheads there isn't any profit to pay salaries.

On top of that it seems far too many people were quite happy to hold their hands out and take what they could from us in
terms of discount, custom made product, driving 400 mile round trips to make sure stuff was delivered in time, handouts for
JAE, returns with no restocking charges, raffle prizes that just shamed other traders - but when it came down to supporting us in return everyone just seemed to fall short.
As far as I know he is still able to get things but will not be able to chase up as much as has done before.

Shame really as if you were patient or willing to pay for airmail the service was very good. If you expected overnight parts from Japan and weren't willing to pay then you were going to be disappointed. Anything that was in stock in the UK, excellent.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55930
Old 12-17-2008, 05:33 AM

All I ever ordered for my S2000 I did from Baz, I never argued about time frames, shame on some people really. I know Baz had some probs with exchange rates and shipping but i never thought it would be to this extent.

Am sorry for him, he is a great guy. Hope he can answer me on the stuff I am waiting for.

Vince
Old 12-17-2008, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Matts2000,Dec 17 2008, 03:00 PM
c) they don't show their VAT number although it appears that they should be VAT registered.
I can't comment on VTEC direct as i don't know much about them at all. When it comes to VAT though, they would only need to be registered for VAT if their turnover exceeded
Old 12-17-2008, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's ashame really the mans got his heart in the right place, I did a lot of dealing with Baz and he is very good at what he does but running a business is just often not as easy as people think and with the way the economy is at the moment, trick car parts aren't on peoples priority lists.

I'm sure he'll be back one day when everything picks back up
Old 12-18-2008, 08:14 AM

I also have to say it's a shame as I found Barry a great person to deal with.

Quick Reply: VTEC Direct