UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

VSA or not to VSA?

Old 04-21-2006, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VSA or not to VSA?

Hi,

I ordered a 2006 S2000 in Berlina black....I specifically ordered with VSA which put deliver time to 12 weeks, then 16 weeks and now its more like 18 weeks.

I can have a non-VSA in 2 weeks.

I want to know from anyone in the know, or who owns either car as to whether VSA is worth the wait!? Does VSA significantly improve the cars handling?

Are there any negatives to it?

What would you guys seriously do?
Old 04-21-2006, 08:22 AM

Are there any negatives to it?
no cos you can turn it off , dont forget that its a value add and will be worth having when you sell it and God forbid that its a good thing you will be stuffed cos you cant add it later.

Old 04-21-2006, 08:22 AM

I wouldn't bother with it, mate. It's generally accepted that the S2000 is a stripped back driver's roadster, so intrusive traction control is likely to be a pain in the backside when you're trying to enjoy yourself on a sunny day.

Having said that, it might prevent you from having one of the many 'incidents' that lots of us on here have had in wet conditions...

...but I'd still say to VSA.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:23 AM

I'm not sure you're going to get much informed comment from UK owners since the 06 has only been available for a couple of months and it's quite likely that none with VSA have yet been delivered, given the additional lead time if it is specified.

You might want to have a read through the main S2000 Talk forum to see what our transatlantic cousins make of VSA.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:26 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

personally, i would have the car in two weeks without VSA. If it really bothers you you could always have race logic traction control fitted later which i beleive costs in the region of
Old 04-21-2006, 08:27 AM

so intrusive traction control is likely to be a pain in the backside when you're trying to enjoy yourself on a sunny day
so turn it off... anyone tried it yet... err no you just never know
Old 04-21-2006, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lickermat,Apr 21 2006, 04:27 PM
so turn it off... anyone tried it yet... err no you just never know
No offence mate, but the guy's asking should he wait 16 weeks for a car with VSA or 2 weeks for one without. And what is the point in having a feature that's permanently disengaged? It won't add that much to resale, so he should get the car with no VSA.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:40 AM

Why would it be permenently disengaged? VSA is switchable, as I understand it. Turn it off it's sunny and dry. Leave it on if it's wet. Simple really.

Personally, I wouldn't be arsed to wait an extra 4 months for a car with VSA - but then my car isn't a daily driver and won't come out if the weather is crap.

I can't see it making too much difference on resale - and judging by the (admittedly so far uninformed, since no-one has driven it yet) comments, it might actually be considered rightly or wrongly to detract from the car.

Kem KC, if it's going to be an all-year-round only car, it's worth considering IF you can put up with the wait. If it's a weekend toy or fair weather car, I personally wouldn't bother.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:49 AM

No offence mate, but the guy's asking should he wait 16 weeks for a car with VSA or 2 weeks for one without. And what is the point in having a feature that's permanently disengaged? It won't add that much to resale, so he should get the car with no VSA.
None taken , but you and others seem to be very opinioned on something we yet know nothing about . Yes you don
Old 04-22-2006, 03:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lurking Lawyer,Apr 21 2006, 05:40 PM
Kem KC, if it's going to be an all-year-round only car, it's worth considering IF you can put up with the wait. If it's a weekend toy or fair weather car, I personally wouldn't bother.

I'll let you know in a few weeks. I bought an EU one with it on from stock

Quick Reply: VSA or not to VSA?