UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

A very somber reminder to not Drink and Drive

Old 12-15-2003, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terrible, should be shown on prime time TV, if anything will ever get the message across this must be it...
Old 12-15-2003, 08:25 AM

Sheez that's so awful.

If you're driving - just don't drink!
Old 12-15-2003, 08:27 AM

Sh1t - certainly makes the point. Shocking photos, but does hit the mark.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:27 AM

I can't honestly see this making much difference to the hardcore of people that continue to drink & drive. Like persistent criminals, only locking them up would stop them driving.

Its also not taboo enough in certain communities - you would put yourself in a very dangerous position if you were to shop people in these areas, as the locals don't take it very seriously, and you wouldn't receive any support from them for doing so .
Old 12-15-2003, 08:32 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is awful, and gets the point across in a direct and thought provoking way.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:42 AM

Sh1t - that is horrific.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:45 AM

Just to add my tuppence, people often forget about the next morning after the Xmas party...

Its all very well knowing you're gonna be too pissed to drive after it, but how many people stop and think before they jump into the car the next day, complete with hangover and often shitloads of booze still in their system?

IIRC it takes a good 24 hours (if not more) to get all the booze out of your body after a big session. How many of us have waited that long before getting into the car (as great as it is) the next morning to go for a spin to clear their heads??

Sorry to sermonise but I'm not sure that some people tend to think much beyond the night before...

Happy and safe holidays to everyone!

Ben
Old 12-15-2003, 08:51 AM

As a rough guide, from when you stop drinking it takes 2 hours to get rid of a standard strength pint of beer, and 1 hour per shot of spirits. Work that out after a particularly heavy Saturday night and you'll be lucky to be sober enough to drive to work on Monday
Old 12-15-2003, 10:24 AM

Originally posted by san2000
Still not coming up

Bloody dial-up?
San, you should probably count yourself lucky mate. ... But, Have you tried refresh/reload?

I'm sorry if I've upset anyone with this post (it kinda upset me too) but IMHO it needs saying.
And some good points made about the morning after too.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:27 AM

Good post and terrible tragedy. I feel for that girl. I personally have a strict rule not to have even a single drink and drive. I don't drive even the day after until I am 100% confident that I will be under the limit. I also never drink during weekdays unless on holiday.

I do however know two people caught drink driving and one of them has been done three times. Lucky not to have killed anyone and I have tried to educate the fella. He is a danger to everyone. I also know of a doctor who regularly drinks or smokes weed and drives and I refuse to sit with him. I have taken a taxi home many a times because of this behaviour. Because he is a good friend I have tried to plead with him without success but can not bring myself to call the police on him.

Quick Reply: A very somber reminder to not Drink and Drive