UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Up close and personal with 350Z, ITR and RX8! Thoughts?

Old 04-29-2003, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Up close and personal with 350Z, ITR and RX8! Thoughts?

Well not being one to miss a trick I thought we'd pop over to the Perth motor show whilst in Australia.........

The Nissan looks like a fat TT, I was not impressed by the standard one but the NISMO looks real smart. I really thought I would love the 350Z but it was over weight and a little dull, IMHO of course........ Imagine a TT with a bit more length front and back and your there! NOT NICE......

The Mazda on the other end was awesome, I really loved the everything about it! I've got it on camera but don't know how to get the bluetooth stuff going?
The RX looks really fresh, like the developers were locked away with nothing to copy, lovely car and a real bargain at 22K IMHO....... I wouldn't buy one, but I really liked it a lot!

I'm still not to sure on the new ITR, I sat in it and still didn't rate it!! I think it may be to do with the fact that I keep comparing it against the older ITR (like my black beast RIP) and compared to the older ITR it looks lardy! I'm not sure, but I still don't rate it! But atleast the UK imports are running 17's as the Australian ITR is running 16's, yuk!

The Honda stand also had a Black S2K sporting a beige leather interior! The misses liked it but I thought it looked rather cheezy!

The best car moment I had was in Singapore at RAFFLES, the local Ferrari club were doing High Tea and filled the carpark with over 30 of the monsters, what a sight and all on film.........

Matty
Old 04-30-2003, 01:00 AM

Sorry Matt I just can't agree....the front of the RX-8 is heavily influenced by the S2000...the wings widen to the front....the bonnet looks the same as a consequence and the headlights too look very similar

The rear lights are also a virtually straight copy

all IMO of course
Old 04-30-2003, 01:45 AM

True enough, but that's not such a bad thing
Old 04-30-2003, 11:19 AM

Hey Matty - Welcome back!

just thought I'd comment on the black S2K mentioned above - hadn't actually thought much about black as a colour of choice for the S2K, probably because any black NSX's that I've seen in the flesh do nothing for me, and neither have the pics I've seen of black S2K's.

anyway, on Monday I took the missus to the local Honda dealer to test drive an S2K (booked it a week b4) and the demostrator was black. Well we both looked at it and it dawned on us that it looked REALLY nice, it was strange really because we had both been favouring red or monte carlo blue up until then.

so as you can imagine, she loved it (understatement) and it's now been ordered!

delivery will be end of June and its a '03 model GT in black with black dash/doors/tunnel and red seats/carpets.

hope to see you at a meet soon (can't make the 31st May ) now, how are we going to decide which one to go out in?!?

Darren
Old 04-30-2003, 11:29 AM

I've seen both RX-8, and 350Z in the flesh. Despite the fact that the RX-8 was a yellow, and not really my cup of tea, I would say that it rocked my world far more than the Nissan. I will definitely be booking a test drive .
Old 04-30-2003, 11:37 AM

For once, with ColonialChrissy. I was quite taken with the RX8 at the MotorShow, despite the colour
Old 05-01-2003, 06:29 AM

I must be the only person who doen't like the RX-8....it just doesn't do anything for me at all...I'd take the 350Z personally
Old 05-01-2003, 06:47 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Funnily enough, I thought exactly the same about black until I saw one.

Only seen an RX8 in a cinema trailer for some Hollywood movie. In electric blue, from rear 3/4 it looks stunning.

I was hoping to like the Nissan, maybe like the 240Z, it has to grow on you.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:13 AM

Looks good to me

Old 05-01-2003, 01:10 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY
[B]Looks good to me

Quick Reply: Up close and personal with 350Z, ITR and RX8! Thoughts?