UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

UK Insurance

Old 01-14-2003, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had enough of insurance shopping ended up with BellDirect, part of Admiral etc. Was
Old 01-14-2003, 06:27 AM

I have just got a quote from LifeSure (mentioned earlier, Thanks Shipley) of
Old 01-14-2003, 06:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem you have is that underwriters adjust their "books" on a regular basis - i.e. they change their assessment of which risks they want and which they don't. Not only does this vary from risk type to risk type (e.g. employer's liability, flood, motor, etc) but it will vary within each group (e.g. postcodes, towns, car types). So, whoever is cheapest for one thing/car/place this month may well not be next month.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:45 AM

Firstly hi UK S2 owners, glad we have found some!
I am the weekend warrior its my g/f's everyday car (mmmm petrol costs!) Unfortunately in the week I drive a V@*t@a. (don't tell anyone!) We have had the S2 a couple of months and what can I say! a bit of a handful in the wet/bad weather but its a pure drivers car!

I would be really interested to hear your advice on the following. It has just been proved to me insurance companies suck! G/f goes shopping. On the way back is ploughed into on her side of the road head on by another driver. Guess what? Other driver turns out had no MOT, no Insurance, no road tax and was DRUNK! oh yeah and they died as well (shame at least they won't kill anyone else)

Where does this leave us insurancewise? Because the insurance company cannot reclaim the costs for my g/f's vehicle (because the other (drunk) person is dead) she has now lost all her no claims!! Through no fault of her own!

Any ideas anyone? Is this legal?

Let us know

Proud owners of a new S2000
(not so proud owners of a
Old 01-14-2003, 06:50 AM

Here's an odd one for you regarding approved bodyshops.......
I was smacked in the back in my MGF last year by a lorry - about
Old 01-14-2003, 07:16 AM

EddandSam,

My understanding is that one of the reasons your (our) insurance is so high is because there is a "body" that gets money from the insurance companies to take care of people who are hit by drivers without insurance ect...

Soooo, there should be some way that you can get the damage paid for.

Can someone else give more details on this, I did see something about it on TV once....
Old 01-14-2003, 07:23 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve54
[B]My understanding is that one of the reasons your (our) insurance is so high is because there is a "body" that gets money from the insurance companies to take care of people who are hit by drivers without insurance ect...

Soooo, there should be some way that you can get the damage paid for.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:32 AM

MIB can be contacted on 01908 830001. I suggest you Phone them for advice.

Thats NOT the Men In Black...........
Old 01-14-2003, 07:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by EddandSam
[B]Firstly hi UK S2 owners, glad we have found some!
I am the weekend warrior its my g/f's everyday car (mmmm petrol costs!) Unfortunately in the week I drive a V@*t@a. (don't tell anyone!) We have had the S2 a couple of months and what can I say! a bit of a handful in the wet/bad weather but its a pure drivers car!

I would be really interested to hear your advice on the following. It has just been proved to me insurance companies suck! G/f goes shopping. On the way back is ploughed into on her side of the road head on by another driver. Guess what? Other driver turns out had no MOT, no Insurance, no road tax and was DRUNK! oh yeah and they died as well (shame at least they won't kill anyone else)

Where does this leave us insurancewise? Because the insurance company cannot reclaim the costs for my g/f's vehicle (because the other (drunk) person is dead) she has now lost all her no claims!! Through no fault of her own!
Old 01-14-2003, 07:48 AM

A couple of Quotes from the MIB web site

"A claimant with a comprehensive motor insurance policy cannot be required to claim under it, but most wish to do so as the quickest method of getting a car back on the road and of course MIB applies a

Quick Reply: UK Insurance