UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Tyres

Old 01-06-2003, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer finally has got back to me.

He states he has contacted Honda and Bridgestone and tells me :

1. ok to mix s02 front and s03 rear.

2. 225 is correct size for rear tyres even if s03.

To add insult to injury I have driven over a nail this morning causing one of the rears to puncture.

What to do????

from what everyone has said the dealer advice seems wrong but they state their info is from Honda so basically tough s**t.

should I pursue this and if so how?

I need a new rear tyre (I think - am just off out to see if its repairable) and in an ideal world would just think sod-it and buy 4 new F1s, but really just want to buy 2 new rear F1s due to cost ( or 2 rear s02s?? ). need advice please if anyone an help.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:49 AM

It may be that the dealer is right about mixing S02s and S03s (no idea, personally), but you should DEFINITELY not mix F1s on the rear with S02s on the front.......
Old 01-06-2003, 06:53 AM

Jaimie
I had exactly the same answer from Honda when mine came with S02's on front and S03 rears. I ran the car for as long as I could as I just didn't want to change brand new tyres. However I had enough of feeling so unsafe, especially in the cold/icy weather and just today I have put on F1's all round. From the short drive from the garage back to work I can really feel the difference. The car seems so much more solid and the ride 10 times better. My advice would be, for safety's sake change either the fronts to S03's the backs to S02's or change all four to F1's if you can afford to/wish to. its a holw new experience driving the S with four matching tyres on
Good luck
Marc
Old 01-06-2003, 08:26 AM

tyre was repaired - no panic to buy 4 new now, will wait a bit - can't face replacing basically new tyres. careful driving I guess for a bit
Old 01-06-2003, 09:04 AM

I have had mine for 6 months now (bought it from Brighton Honda), at the time the car had 4 new Pirelli p6000's on it, 225's at the back.

At the time I did not have a clue over what tyres the car should have, I just saw new ones and thought that'll do nicely.

Only now do I realise what a disgrace it is to have such rubber on my car. I suppose I am too late to say anything to the dealer, but if some dealers are handing out those little yellow cards saying that only S02's should be fitted to this car do you think I have any grounds to complain?

I actually got 4 new wheels from the same dealer under warranty but they still didn't say anything when they swapped the tyres over.

- in case anyone is interested, the car initially handled really badly, but more recently it seems to have become a lot more stable when cornering...perhaps I am just getting used to it or am a really slow driver (which makes the prospect of getting some decent tyres, and actually being able to corner quickly quite exciting).
Old 01-06-2003, 10:35 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S200OAT
[B]I have had mine for 6 months now (bought it from Brighton Honda), at the time the car had 4 new Pirelli p6000's on it, 225's at the back.

At the time I did not have a clue over what tyres the car should have, I just saw new ones and thought that'll do nicely.

Only now do I realise what a disgrace it is to have such rubber on my car. I suppose I am too late to say anything to the dealer, but if some dealers are handing out those little yellow cards saying that only S02's should be fitted to this car do you think I have any grounds to complain?
Old 01-06-2003, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Back to my original question I have decided to get F1's I'll be off down to Bracknell tyres this weekend. 2 questions:

I hear its about
Old 01-06-2003, 11:18 AM

I was charged
Old 01-06-2003, 12:24 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Might sound like swear words and you would want to be v.v.careful with the rims, BUT, have you tried Kwik-Fit?

The branch near me has signs up advertising 40% off today.

I needed a single Continental and they undercut my best phone price by
Old 01-06-2003, 10:41 PM

all I can say on this from my own experience is S03's on the back and S02's on the front provided a totally different handling experience to S02's allround and I don't think it was my imagination either

don't suppose you can argue against Honda/Bridgstone though - I am still glad I took off the S03's and replaced with a new set of S02's allround

Quick Reply: Tyres